1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of your listening space

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by matel, Oct 16, 2007.

1. SpicySammich

SpicySammich Active Member

I can relate. There is ZERO chance I will ever subject my self to that garbage again. Good god. I'll happily die single, because I can do what I want and have my main system in the living room vs packing into a f-ing room because someone else has no taste. Good riddance.

Good on you, once you bounce back, you'll find that the things you put away to be a good marriage partner are probably the things you enjoy most and make you who you are. Never compromise. I had to marry an a$$hole to learn this but at least I am now in the know.

bonzo4ever! likes this.
  2. Bill Witt

Bill Witt Active Member

2017-05-29 13.49.13.jpg
    I still need to work on the wiring abit but it's sounding really good

3. Smitty43

Smitty43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

4. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

Spackling a few holes yesterday morning turned into a complete paint job and semi-renovation of the music room....

Attached Files:

5. euromut

euromut Member

The heart of my system in its new temporary home. Safely at my parents until my divorce is final. Seems counter intuitive to escape "To" your parents house to listen to music.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SX550, silver faced, CoryS06 and 16 others like this.
  6. SpicySammich

SpicySammich Active Member

Question: I currently have my rig on the opposite wall of the tv. I like that it gives an otherwise useless part of the room purpose. I also like being able to flip the couch around and sit in the sweet spot (when the kiddo isn't home). As I am replacing furniture and contemplating a new look to the living room, I am wondering about having the tv and hi-fi on the same wall so that I don't have to flip the couch.

Any thoughts on this? I'm mostly just fishing for nuggets of wisdom before I unhook everything and move it around to realize I hate it and have to move it back (ha!)

Musicfan#51 likes this.
  7. Nightwisher

Nightwisher Farer In The Goldilocks Zone Subscriber

My hi-fi system is centered on my TV and it's great (it also shares that wall with my surround system). My monster of a couch isn't moving even if I had enough space to move it.

Additionally, having the TV screen directly behind the hi-fi system currently is creating some sound reflections that would be eliminated.

8. tater415

tater415 New Member

9. KDAC

KDAC Super Member

Damn, Smitty43. Just... damn. Can you say "comfortable?" I see why you listen to so much smooth jazz: the genre matches the vibe of your room. Just looking at your photo brought my blood pressure down to normal range. Between the Zu Omens, foliage, and matching lamps, I can't decide which is more relaxing. Diamonds are not a girl's best friend, a decent two-channel setup is. ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Musicfan#51, Smitty43 and Bill Witt like this.
  10. C6Bill

C6Bill AK Subscriber Subscriber

Lots of equipment has changed, but Oz is still lovin it :)

IMG_2761.jpg

11. Styx_II

Styx_II The Grand Illusion

Musicfan#51 and Smitty43 like this.
  12. Smitty43

Thank you! It's my room over the garage and the only clock is in the bathroom. And no TV just my system .

Musicfan#51 and KrautNotRice like this.
  13. Smitty43

Thank you!

Musicfan#51 likes this.
  14. hifiladelfia

hifiladelfia New Member

IMG_0595.JPG New place, new space. Been working towards this for two years. Searching, fixing, changing, moving positions. Pretty happy with the sound I'm getting now!

Nagaoka MP110, SL-1200MK2, SX-1010, Advent Loudspeakers and Polk Monitor 10As.

15. C6Bill

C6Bill AK Subscriber Subscriber

Ok, I know I just posted Thursday but more changes lol

Out with the C32 and in with a C2300, good news Oz likes the sound of tubes :)

IMG_2774.jpg

DSC_5869.jpg

DSC_5884.jpg

16. dyche01

dyche01 "Buy high. Sell low" Subscriber

+1

Smitty43 and Bill Witt like this.
  17. dyche01

The living/dining room currently has two systems. Here are a couple of old shots of the short-axis system.
    975139ae1c32fd8efe9affd96964892a.jpg

4cfff30de9ee9168d019cdea3966f69b.jpg

The Fisher, Dual, and KLH's have been replaced by, respectively, an HH Scott, Garrard Lab 80, and a pair of Dynaco A-35s
    efd8b6f8bb59de24399a5b5fc8fd6de0.jpg

18. dyche01

And here is a shot down the long axis of the same room. The long-axis system comprises a Fisher 500B receiver, Thorens TD147 turntable, and Altec 892 Madera speakers. It sounds best at the far end of the room.
    long_axis_sm.jpg

Here is a closer view.

bookshelf_big.jpg

SX550, C6Bill, Johnny_Law and 16 others like this.
  19. kcline

kcline Tube Audio Collector Subscriber

Just got a new to me set of speakers. They are better then the JBL's I had in the "Tube Room" system These are Infinity Kappa 7.1 series 2 I was not sure if low powered tube amp would work but the KX-200 works great. Still need to check placement have not moved speaker's around room yet I just placed them in the same spot as the JBL speakers

DSCN0005.JPG

20. classic carl

classic carl Got Vinyl? Subscriber

I just bought a fisheye lens for my Nikon DSLR. Here are a couple of shots of my listening room.

CSN_3284_mancave.jpg

CSN_3290_main system.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017