Pics of your listening space

Nothing huge, but since adding the dbx Driverack Venu360, I was getting some hum in the system, which I ultimately tracked down to the stupid cable box which we never use. Disconnecting the coax cable from the wall eliminated the hum, but then the clock wouldn't update on the cable box, so disconnected it completely, even though it's still sitting in the system.

What I added was an old Technics SH-4060 timer that my oldest brother bought brand new back in 1983 or so, in the German PX. Shortly after coming back home in 1986, he traded it to my other brother for his Sansui AT-20 timer. The Sansui is long gone but the Technics is still here and it's still in perfectly mint shape. It looks brand new!

Nothing is connected to it. It's only there for a clock, and it's plugged into one of the many outlets on the C-1. Just another nice mint piece of vintage gear in my system.
msp_thumbup.gif

p2409035085-5.jpg

p2409035087-5.jpg

p2409035088-5.jpg

Hi Cube tube, if I can ask, what are you using the driverack for? Nice looking system by the way!

Thanks!

Vertically biamping the Martin Logan SL3's. The passive crossovers are completely bypassed. Also controlling the JL Audio sub with it, and lastly, room correction.

Last edited:
20170709_135055.jpg
Current set up
This unit was double the height with some technics 1210's and pioneer cdj's and mixer on top but have taken them down because i rarly fire them up these days (too old ☹), the rtr and amps and stuff were in the compartments underneath and it was starting to look a little cramped. So i cut the unit in half.
I think it's come up ok, i'm liking having the rtr and the rest on the top.

Tri-amped Living room system.
The 240 volt wired low frequency MC 1201`s for this system are in the sunroom.View attachment 957745 View attachment 957749

And 2 pics I stumbled across from the early nineties of the beginning of the A/V evolution that lead to the above insanity.
But I`m satisfied, for probably for a long time, with what I have.
. When I replaced the non-Mac approved bi-amped XRT 22`s + 2 Velodyne ULD 15 powered subs(not yet in use in the pics) with the current XRT 30`s in 2003, I really considered trying to fit them into my bedroom and selling my XRT 18`s to my Brother-in-Law(also a retired FOH sound engineer), but realized that they were just a bit too big for that space and would in fact cover/block the bedroom windows.

No WAF to contend with, as no wife exists, then or now. :cool: Regards, OKB
Livingroom02-91.jpg Livingroom07-92.jpg

Last edited:
Following Bill's post, here are some views of my past. First Acoustat 2+2s driven by Shinon Red / Souther TQ-1/Ariston RD11-s/ Audio Research SP-6C / Threshold Stasis 3 circa 1985.
edit: That was soon after I bought that house - got window treatments in living room and hung tapestry (seen draped on railing in back) on back wall.

system198510.jpg

Fast forward to 2003 in new space with same speakers, albeit modified with Dynavector DV20x / Souther TQ-1 / Ariston RD-11s / Audio Research SP-9 MKIII / VTL MB-450s. Much more in the way of room treatments and traps. GamuT CD-1.

system200306.jpg

Last edited:
Following Bill's post, here are some views of my past. First Acoustat 2+2s driven by Shinon Red / Souther TQ-1/Ariston RD11-s/ Audio Research SP-6C / Threshold Stasis 3 circa 1985.
edit: That was soon after I bought that house - soon after got window treatments in living room and hung tapestry (seen draped on railing in back) on back wall.

system198510.jpg

Fast forward to 2003 in new space with same speakers, albeit modified with Dynavector DV20x / Souther TQ-1 / Ariston RD-11s / Audio Research SP-9 MKIII / VTL MB-450s. Much more in the way of room treatments and traps. GamuT CD-1.

system200306.jpg
Great looking system E-Stat.
I bet it sounds great as well.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards, OKB

This post is in response to a challenge by @techguy0192

He is my new favorite poster! (but he needs to lighten up)

Sooo, here it is, on display,my entry level system:

20156027_1563138520399443_6967585615698065867_n.jpg

20031928_1563138633732765_8142830790301327844_n.jpg

Please explain how you're not acting like a total child and not attempting to antagonize and start problems? You said chasing me around the forum wasn't worth your time. However, you clearly appear to be doing so.

Please explain how you're not acting like a total child and not attempting to antagonize and start problems? You said chasing me around the forum wasn't worth your time. However, you clearly appear to be doing so.

You need to lighten up.

I gotta be honest, I am starting to resent your accusations. I guess it's the world we live in, people just make stuff up and claim it as fact.

Anyway, I will take the high road as I did in the other thread and not respond, you may have the last word.

In fact, I will no longer respond to anything you post.

I thought you would take the post as meant, yuck yuck, an olive branch. You are clearly all wound up.

peace brother, and I am sincere

How funny that my last update was only 6 days ago....

I hadn't tried out my Magneplanar MGIICs in this room yet so I figured why not try them with the Sansui....

I love Maggies, especially for chamber music, solo piano, etc... They're the only speakers that would come close to prying me loose of my Mc's :)

I love Maggies, especially for chamber music, solo piano, etc... They're the only speakers that would come close to prying me loose of my Mc's :)
I gotta say that paired with my cheap home built H frame sub they really kick butt with everything I throw at them.

Want to share more info on your H frame sub - speaker type and size, brand, pic, etc?
I'm interested in see what people are doing with the open air subs.

Moved furniture around a bit. Its not finished and final but it looks like this now. I will put some acoustic panels behind the speakers when they arrive from amazon. Listening position is on the beige sofa that you can barely see on first photo. I usualy move the chair away when I listen.

g6q0sJP.jpg

WAfBHFf.jpg

U3PGa1h.jpg

rPuzdwy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom