Pics of your listening space

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by matel, Oct 16, 2007.

1. kcline

kcline Tube Audio Collector Subscriber

I have now moved Scott 299-C in the place of the Fisher KX-200, have too much to do right now hope to play complete setup later today or tomorrow AM. DSCN0015.JPG DSCN0016.JPG

Soundork, 7.62, MarZutra and 7 others like this.
  2. kcline

Could not sleep so I got up about an hour early and played current Tube room system. Sounds nice maybe KX-200 is better, hard to say as comparing units is tough, Fisher has a very good set of Tele. 12AX7 installed but 7591 outputs are a little crispy but test good in my matcher. Scott 299-C has matched quad of low hour 7591 outputs but the other tubes are a mixed bag of makers and of course the amps use different tubes types. Played Gold CD of Ziggy stardust and vinyl copy Peter Paul and Mary Moving LP so I can hear Puff in this set up I liked both very much. DSCN0020.JPG DSCN0019.JPG DSCN0022.JPG

Soundork, 7.62, bonzo4ever! and 3 others like this.
  3. cube-tube

cube-tube Well-Known Member

I can't remember if I posted any of this here before, but here it is anyway...

A couple of months back, I decided to purchase a mint Carver "The Receiver" MXR-130 and have it recapped and slightly modded for my oldest brother, completely out of the blue, just as a surprise. Over the years, he was forced to sell off most of his gear and only had left a Monster power conditioner, a Nakamichi DR-1, a Sony PS3 and a small, old 32" LCD TV. One of my other brothers recently upgraded his Vizio 55" LED TV to a slightly bigger and better Vizio 60" LED TV, so gave the 55" to him. I also gave him my old, mostly mint NHT 2.9's.

Anyway, went to drop something off at his place along with a mint original "The Receiver" owners manual thanks to a forum member on the Carver Site.

It's been a little while since I've been over to my brother's, so this morning I finally got to see those cheeks mounted on the receiver. And I gotta say, they look GOOOOOD! While I was there, I installed new foam strips on the NHT 2.9's as the other ones were rather shot. Also gave him one of my C.Crane FM Reflect antennas.

And now, a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soundork, C6Bill, CoryS06 and 11 others like this.
  4. kcline

I have now placed a better looking pair of 7591's in KX-200, these match the other pair already in amp. Went though the bias and bal. setup let tubes warm up for 30 mins+ and rechecked bias, bal. and it had not changed so Scott 299-C out and Fisher amp back in, hope to have time to play sat. AM as I have to work all day sat. DSCN0028.JPG

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

P1010009.JPG
    One wall of one of my rooms.

Soundork, C6Bill, CoryS06 and 5 others like this.
  6. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

8. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

9. bonzo4ever!

bonzo4ever! Member

10. bonzo4ever!

bonzo4ever! Member

he
    helluva a bra!! nice

11. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

Bought that a garage sale for $10 tlast weekend. It is a Pioneer PL 518. Had to replace the feet, that is it. Plug and play, with a AT90. One of the nicest tt's I have heard in a long time. It won't be leaving my space for a while. They were asking $20, offered $10. Love the way good deals sound....!!! hahaha

Musicfan#51 and Nightwisher like this.
  12. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

Everything I own is via garage sales, 2 pioneer 980 sx's. Multiple Pioneer and Marantz TT's. Altec Lansing Model 14's Altec 890 bolero's. Stromberg Carlson stereo 8, many other tube amps. The list goes on. The only thing I have bought is a Dynaco ST-70 and a JA Mitchell Gyro TT. NOTHING SOUNDS AS GOOD AS VINTAGE GEAR, TO ME ANYHOW.
    Sorry about the caps, I type with my thumbs and don't look at the screen.

13. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Active Member

Not really sure, bro. Just picked it up this weekend at a local sale. Not really sure where I would look to check the manufacturer.

14. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

I've spent the day assembling, moving, rearranging and hooking up speakers.... Not a bad way to spend time. :banana:
    [​IMG]

Soundork, saltwater, dyche01 and 14 others like this.
  15. Skylab

Skylab Altimeter reading zero Subscriber

Not a huge ton of changes except tape deck rotation - now currently in its "Dual-Studer" configuration ;)

IMG_8351.JPG

Soundork, 7.62, MarZutra and 11 others like this.
  16. bonzo4ever!

bonzo4ever! Member

te
    tenfo,, have the PL 540... looked similar,, CHEERS!!

Musicfan#51 likes this.
  17. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan AK Subscriber

I suppose it's about time I contributed something to this thread.

My humble vinyl listening area:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Realistic Lab 440 turntable with Signet TK10ML cartridge, Yamaha A-1000 integrated amp, restored/refinished JBL L36 Decade speakers:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

A couple more "action" shots:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

By the way, everything in these photos, except for the rug and most of the albums, came from local Goodwill stores.

ryanward84, Soundork, Helle and 19 others like this.
  18. First you take me back to Dr. Dre when he "Let Me Ride" during my first year of college in '92 and then you seal the deal with the relaxing lamps. Even if you work full-time during the day, I'd bet you get in at least a couple of albums every evening in that space.

7.62 likes this.
  19. cube-tube

cube-tube Well-Known Member

Wow! Great looking little system, and absolutely love the looks of those L36's! That's the best looking pair I've seen in a long time!

MCM_Fan, CoryS06 and Treyfus84 like this.