Pics of your listening space

Here's a quick update to my all tube system.

• Tidal or Spotify Source
• Chromecast Audio (out via optical)
• Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC
• Modwright SWL9.0 SE Signature Edition
• Dennis Had Inspire Triode SET amplifier with Tung-Sol 6550's and JJ GZ34 Rectifier. Good for about 7wpc.
• Custom speakers using a BR enclosure and Tang Band W8-2145 Full Range 8" drivers with no crossover except BSC.
• Duelund DCA16 speaker cables
• Belden 8402 Interconnects
• Pangea AC-14 and Shunyata Venom 3 Power cords.

View attachment 1037706

24273194358_07c417e147_h.jpg
yaaay more ictwoody photos

My vintage 2-ch setup is all-Technics for sentimental reasons...
That being the case, it still sounds amazing!
The LED's are remote controlled for mood lighting.
The curtains are for sound deadening the concrete walls.

SU-9070 Preamp
SE-A5 Power Amp
SP-15 Turntable w/Audio Technica ATP-12T Arm, Denon DL-103 and Custom Plinth
SL-P1200 CD Player
RS-BR465 Tape Deck
SH-8055 Graphic EQ
SB-5000A Speakers
JMLab Chorus 725 speakers (mains)
image.jpeg

^^^ nice system, jungles. The dude abides.
Technics has made some really nice stuff.
Thanks Kraut!
I completely agree about Technics - Plus, because they are looked at as more 'mainstream' and less 'boutique and desirable' by many audiophiles, you can still get some great deals on their high-end stuff from the late 70's.
But you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man...

Thanks Kraut!
I completely agree about Technics - Plus, because they are looked at as more 'mainstream' and less 'boutique and desirable' by many audiophiles, you can still get some great deals on their high-end stuff from the late 70's.
But you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man...

Yeah, especially those separate pre and power amps, the ones with the big meters... oh my.
I like your rug, too. It just really ties the room together.

Here's a quick update to my all tube system.

• Tidal or Spotify Source
• Chromecast Audio (out via optical)
• Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC
• Modwright SWL9.0 SE Signature Edition
• Dennis Had Inspire Triode SET amplifier with Tung-Sol 6550's and JJ GZ34 Rectifier. Good for about 7wpc.
• Custom speakers using a BR enclosure and Tang Band W8-2145 Full Range 8" drivers with no crossover except BSC.
• Duelund DCA16 speaker cables
• Belden 8402 Interconnects
• Pangea AC-14 and Shunyata Venom 3 Power cords.
What is you gear sitting on? It look really cool.

My vintage 2-ch setup is all-Technics for sentimental reasons...
That being the case, it still sounds amazing!
The LED's are remote controlled for mood lighting.
The curtains are for sound deadening the concrete walls.

SU-9070 Preamp
SE-A5 Power Amp
SP-15 Turntable w/Audio Technica ATP-12T Arm, Denon DL-103 and Custom Plinth
SL-P1200 CD Player
RS-BR465 Tape Deck
SH-8055 Graphic EQ
SB-5000A Speakers
JMLab Chorus 725 speakers (mains)
View attachment 1038831
Wow... Talk about giving someone hope for their basement. Your setup looks amazing, jungles.

I am going to have them do my Imperial 9's and a set of Santiagos probably too that I am restoring to pass on.

I built the Altecs in my avatar hoping that I could pass them on, too. But, I suspect that in the long run they will be "passed on" to the curb once they reach the generation that has no interest in this stuff!

"Honey, will you please get rid of those ugly old speakers that your grandfather built? Like, right now!"

GeeDeeEmm

I built the Altecs in my avatar hoping that I could pass them on, too. But, I suspect that in the long run they will be "passed on" to the curb once they reach the generation that has no interest in this stuff!

"Honey, will you please get rid of those ugly old speakers that your grandfather built? Like, right now!"

GeeDeeEmm
If you need a millennial audiophile to write into your will, let's get in touch :naughty:

Wow... Talk about giving someone hope for their basement. Your setup looks amazing, jungles.
Thanks for the kind words KDAC!

I also love your tag line... - "Great audio doesn't cost an arm and/or a leg."
-That's a big part of what makes this hobby so much fun for me -Apart from the obvious enjoyment of the music reproduction- It's the fact that you can have a beautiful, 'high-end' (or formerly high-end) system that sounds great, in most cases regardless of brand, as long as you don't care about having this year's next-big-thing...

(Of course the audio magazines and blogs would likely take issue with this approach, but who cares? They aren't in your listening room!)
:beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom