Pics of your listening space

I built the Altecs in my avatar hoping that I could pass them on, too. But, I suspect that in the long run they will be "passed on" to the curb once they reach the generation that has no interest in this stuff!

"Honey, will you please get rid of those ugly old speakers that your grandfather built? Like, right now!"

GeeDeeEmm

Well, they are big enough to be coffins.....

What is you gear sitting on? It look really cool.

It's an old stereo console I stripped and refinished. The cloth is stock and the lattice would have been too much work to refinish, so I just sprayed it black. I took off the stock ugly legs and attached some 1.5" blocks to lower it down by about 4-5". It's basically a big hollow box. Probably not the best for isolation... but I don't really rock out with this system. I have my Tekton Pendragons and Parasound A23/P5 combo in the same room for PARTY TIME!!

- Woody

1106171138.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a quick update to my all tube system.

• Tidal or Spotify Source
• Chromecast Audio (out via optical)
• Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC
• Modwright SWL9.0 SE Signature Edition
• Dennis Had Inspire Triode SET amplifier with Tung-Sol 6550's and JJ GZ34 Rectifier. Good for about 7wpc.
• Custom speakers using a BR enclosure and Tang Band W8-2145 Full Range 8" drivers with no crossover except BSC.
• Duelund DCA16 speaker cables
• Belden 8402 Interconnects
• Pangea AC-14 and Shunyata Venom 3 Power cords.

View attachment 1037706

Love it. And especially love the almost hidden early Vornado.

Love it. And especially love the almost hidden early Vornado.

Thanks. That Vornado is a little beat up. I have a slightly smaller one that I got in the estate sale of an 89yr old widow that is almost showroom mint. Vornado is headquartered about 15mi from where I live. A little Kansas pride that keeps you cool to boot!

- Woody

Thanks. That Vornado is a little beat up. I have a slightly smaller one that I got in the estate sale of an 89yr old widow that is almost showroom mint. Vornado is headquartered about 15mi from where I live. A little Kansas pride that keeps you cool to boot!

- Woody
Awesome. I’ve always wanted an early script one like that. I’ve had a few small vintage ones. But currently only have a repop big boy for regular use.

38223327662_59cc460ae8_c.jpg

- Woody

And I thought Vornado just sold real estate. Who knew!!!???

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Its an old tube amp from a 1950's console. (magnavox 8802 push pull 6v6) It's been rebuilt and placed into a custom made box.
Very nice! Those old Magnavox console amps are quite the hot commodity nowadays; they're in high demand from audiophiles and guitarists. :)

Nice Fisher. :D I've been wanting to get my hands on a pair of Cornwalls, but haven't found the right pair yet. Someday. Yours sound great!

I think my brother's bought up all the available Cornwalls in the mid-Atlantic region. He's up to what, three pairs of 'em now? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom