Pics of your listening space

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by matel, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

Fostex Frugal Horn MK3's with Peerless Bucket Subs in wife's sunroom.

P5080012.jpg

Soundork, john111/LZ, KDAC and 6 others like this.
  2. Poultrygeist

3. Cylontymany

Cylontymany Well-Known Member

Wow! Kerry67 kinda reminds me of my room back in the 70s. Had the same Kiss posters hanging and my stereo banging away...with Kiss! My first rock concert was Kiss back in 76 at the LA Forum.

tater415 likes this.
  4. kerry67

kerry67 Member

Yeah, First time I saw KISS was 1976 as well. Have seen them around 35 more times since. I have more stuff but don't have it all out at the moment. Not as much as I used to have but still have a few things. I am a TOTAL 70's hard rock guy. To me, music peaked back then.

tater415 and Trekmaster like this.
  5. cube-tube

cube-tube Well-Known Member

Reunited with a couple of old friends... My wonderful, mint NHT 2.9's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PAGS, Soundork, john111/LZ and 7 others like this.
  6. Poultrygeist

SET powered Tektons over OB H-frames

P6030003.jpg

7. Poultrygeist

Bottlehead tri-amped system with active crossover

PC180024.jpg

PAGS, Soundork, john111/LZ and 5 others like this.
  8. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

For that being your wifes sunroom, you sure use it a lot!

9. elcoholic

elcoholic Just Nevermind Subscriber

My lowly SuperTwo’s sound terrific. Those 2.9’s must be a whole ‘nuther level of greatness especially with all that Carver juice behind them.

cube-tube likes this.
  10. cube-tube

I wouldn't know actually. It was nearly 11 pm when I hooked the NHT's up in there last night, so never got to play it any louder than whisper levels. Maybe when I get home tonight before it gets too late, I'll be able to get the Carver juices flowing a little. The 7 years that I've owned these speakers, I've never powered them with anything more than maybe 100 watts from a HT receiver. Never had any decent power going to them like I do now. These Carver M-500t MkII amps are good for 395 watts per channel at 8 ohms (420 w @ 4 ohms), and I'm vertically bi-amping them. I guess I'll find out tonight. :naughty:

asilker likes this.
  11. elcoholic

elcoholic Just Nevermind Subscriber

Same here as in HT duty all these years since they were new. I should give them a go with my monoblocks.

12. guitarlvr

guitarlvr Active Member

I'm with you two. Best time ever. Here is my little CD. storage space fullsizeoutput_e.jpeg

Treyfus84, Soundork, Burner and 4 others like this.
  13. cube-tube

Yes, but even powering them with that 100w HT receiver, I was always living in an apartment, so I still never stretched their legs. Now living in a house again, I can do that without anyone complaining.

14. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Man, they must be really good since we haven't heard a report. Must still be listening to them!

cube-tube likes this.
  15. KrautNotRice

KrautNotRice AK Subscriber Subscriber

...err mah gerrd...
    First off, that's awesome you have 2.9s and are in a house, not appartment. :)
    From my enjoying SuperTwos for a year straight until recently, they really like, ney, NEED the juice.
    I sent my 160 wpc Yamaha power amp into clipping very easily at reference levels, so then I horizontally bi-amped them with great success.
    Horizontal has many, many advantages over vertical: your top end speakers are not affected if your sub amp clips (that crunching sound tweeters make when the amp clips hard...), you relieve the top amp of the low frequencies so it may play cleaner (assuming you're crossing over electronically), you gain level control over your subs at your finger tips, etc etc

Words can't describe how inefficient those NHTs are, mine gobbled up 320 clean watts each, but never a dull moment!
    Congrats, those are end-game speakers for many owners.

nyhifihead likes this.
  16. Poultrygeist

Just for pictures.

17. asdf_x2

asdf_x2 Active Member

DSC_1178_resize.jpg
    Exchanged my Kef Q500 to R500. These put a smile on my face!

18. asilker

asilker Bible Reader Subscriber

That's a big exchange! I bet they sound great

19. cube-tube

Yeah, I don't think I need to worry about running my amps into clipping. I don't play my system that loud normally. Only once in a great while.

Vertical bi-amping also has its advantages, as in the amp/power supply don't have to work as hard to power two power hungry woofers on each channel, only one power hungry woofer on one of the channels. The other channel is free to nearly idle along powering the mids and highs.

I'm mean, if I was really concerned about it and could afford them, I'd get four Carver Silver 9t amps and bi-amp my speakers that way. Now that would be the nuts!

20. beatcomber

beatcomber AK Member

Ace Frehley's wife, Rachael Gordon, recorded a song that I wrote (and played guitar on) for her album, "Rock'n'Roll Girl." (It was released in Japan only.)
    :beatnik:

guitarlvr likes this.