Pics of your listening space

How are you liking those speakers? Pretty impressive specs on those.

Well, of course, I LOVE THEM!

This is a design that I have been working on and refining for over two years. Finally brought them to market this summer. Positive Feedback will be posting a detailed review by our very own John Hoffman in a few weeks. Stay tuned!!!

I did not realize the Cionnsailes were your designs.

I think you should get more input. I happily volunteer!

(I spent a day or so in Kinsale and like the town.)

Good luck with them.

I did not realize the Cionnsailes were your designs.

I think you should get more input. I happily volunteer!

(I spent a day or so in Kinsale and like the town.)

Good luck with them.

Thanks! So far everyone (but one person) who has heard them likes them. I have done three demos for local retail outlets. All three started with "well, we aren't really taking on any new products now" and ended with "how long can we keep a pair?"

The impressions so far are that they are very neutral and revealing of upstream equipment. Frequency response is "flat" which was part of the design intent. And bass response is surprising for a 6" driver. Taking orders if you are interested! The set in the pic are Lucky #13, available with or without matching stands. PM me for pricing.

Measured from the rear of the speaker? I'm thinking they would sound better forward of the cabinet to reduce diffraction.

that will not really work with the current setup and room layout. I tweaked the adjustable crossovers on them, was able to make them sing that little bit better again! Today I maxed out on the amp, 60W, into the Vandee's, WOW!!...was pretty effen awesome!!!! :rockon::bowdown:

Well your cats seem to like your setup a lot

Decided to change things up a bit again... Just reinstated my old Genesis Physics II's with the custom cascade bypass crossovers I built for them about 7 years ago. Damn these speakers sound good... Really good! At some point the dust cap fell off of the passive radiator and I don't know where it went. I plan on replacing the PR's with new ones from Human Speakers. No biggie right now. They just look a little funky.

And my first time running these modded Carver M-500t amps bridged. They're probably running upwards of 800 watts (500 watts stock). Definitely not needed for these speakers, but I refuse to run only one amp and re-wire the system. It can all be configured through the dbx Venu 360, other than the actual cable connection at the speaker terminals on the back of the amps.

Anyway, a few pics...

p2698822631-5.jpg

p2698965718-5.jpg

p2698965720-5.jpg

p2698965717-5.jpg

So I wanted to freshly paint my listening room, which was a blue-tinted white. I wanted a warm, deep orange color, and went with a Behr paint called "Mandarin."

After spending several hours taping off the ceilings and other borders, removing the doors, tearing up the room, and painting two coats, the final results were not quite what I had in mind...

OcRDeod.jpg

aIHnh8p.jpg

I guess I have to start all over again next weekend...

This time, I'm gonna buy just a pint for starters and do a test patch first. :(

Paint colors can be difficult. They can look OK on the little sample card, but then when you put in on the whole room, it can seem entirely different.

Paint colors can be difficult. They can look OK on the little sample card, but then when you put in on the whole room, it can seem entirely different.

QFT. The choice of lighting in the room has a big effect, as does any other surfaces that reflect light (ie: a white ceiling).

QFT. The choice of lighting in the room has a big effect, as does any other surfaces that reflect light (ie: a white ceiling).

I was thinking this exact same thing. Orange paint, with orange light makes for a very orange room. Might want to try something in the yellow/beige spectrum if you plan to keep the reddish light.

I was thinking this exact same thing. Orange paint, with orange light makes for a very orange room. Might want to try something in the yellow/beige spectrum if you plan to keep the reddish light.

Smart!

My daughter also recommended the same thing, painting the trim a cream color, to soften the effect.

I like orange. My basement will be either painted deep orange or olive green. Haven't decided yet.

So I wanted to freshly paint my listening room, which was a blue-tinted white. I wanted a warm, deep orange color, and went with a Behr paint called "Mandarin."

After spending several hours taping off the ceilings and other borders, removing the doors, tearing up the room, and painting two coats, the final results were not quite what I had in mind...

OcRDeod.jpg

aIHnh8p.jpg

I guess I have to start all over again next weekend...

This time, I'm gonna buy just a pint for starters and do a test patch first. :(

LOVE the mid century lamps ! COOL Dady-O. My whole place is Mid century. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I agree with the cream trim.

Excellent setups, especially upstairs, guitarluvr. I also couldn't help but notice the vinyl copy of the self-titled debut album by Christopher Cross in what I presume is your living room. It's a good album and most likely sounds great in your space.

Yes it is a great album. I enjoy it.
The down stairs is the teenage bedroom I always wanted. So all old vintage gear. Upstairs is my living room.

Back
Top Bottom