Pics of your listening space

1527889964886-1849965837.jpg I did the the basement area last time ...this is my lower level main room, house is a quad level. The system is ADS 1290/2's, a Luxman R 1070 as a preamp, and a Carver M 500T as the main amp, it sounds really good....to my ears, favorite system in my house.

It's a slow process after a move and a long and crappy experience with the builder of our "dream home." So I was basically left to finish the finish work in most of the house, but this back room was basically untouched other than it being drywalled. Thank goodness my old man made me watch This Old House. I liked it more than I let on, but I'm pretty sure he knew it and it was largely our time together. Anyhoo... I laid everything out first, had the floor put down, put up the cabinets, painted, decorated with my collected "stuff," put in LAVA LAMPS! :) and put the stereos together from nada. The Fisher 170 and Kenwood KR-7200 are Craigslist buys within a week or so of me embarking on vintage stereos (just seemed to be there!), so were the Polks with the Kenwood. All the other stuff had been used with more modern Sony and Aiwa systems that are good for TV and video games for the kids but not much else. Just got a Technics SL BL3 turntable, not pictured, to round out the burgeoning systems. Sound great and the wife is pretty happy that my allotted 120 square feet has turned out to be a "nice space." :) And she and the kids appreciate the great sound of all the music I've collected over the years.20180506_201646.jpg 20180506_201706.jpg 20180506_201728.jpg 20180506_201743.jpg

Yeah, a bit. Nice.
Great fireplace re-purposing. (I think that's what that is on the left?)I am waiting to see someone actually build shelves in one.

Thanks Drugolf ,Good eye. It sure is. I'm still looking forward to the day I'll finally have me a dedicated music room! Right now it doubles as a living room and my wife has been tolerating it. I haven't had the heart to tell her the next speakers I'm collecting parts for are going to be much bigger :rflmao:

View attachment 1209672 View attachment 1209671 Here’s mine, the last upgrade was the Boenicke W5 that I absolute LOVE. All the best to you all!

Interesting speakers. The enclosures look like six solid blocks of oak glued together and milled out for the drivers.

EDIT: I just looked up those speakers, Boenicke Audio W5's, and sure enough they are milled from solid wood. Interesting design. I would love to hear a pair.

Last edited:
Interesting speakers. The enclosures look like six solid blocks of oak glued together and milled out for the drivers.

EDIT: I just looked up those speakers, Boenicke Audio W5's, and sure enough they are milled from solid wood. Interesting design. I would love to hear a pair.
Yes they are! But you already know... Their a very special set of speakers, Sven Boenicke is on the right track, love his work and his operation motto.

Back
Top Bottom