1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of your listening space

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by matel, Oct 16, 2007.

1. ngcsstodd

ngcsstodd AK Subscriber Subscriber

i don't have a dust cover for that Kenwood turntable! it dose slid out of the cab it's in! i have rearrange some sense this pic, i will try to post a new pic!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan AK Subscriber

3. G Tube

G Tube open your ears..

received_10155566132866958.jpeg

received_10155566145306958.jpeg Here is my man cave setup.
    Cheers

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    kjello, Pentotark, guiller and 16 others like this.
  4. dpdatl

dpdatl AK Subscriber Subscriber

OHM3X0.jpg

I just scored a mint pair of Ohm Walsh 3X0 in the boxes and a Sony STR 6065 with the wood case! The Sony receivers are a real bargain at going prices. The Ohms are due for a refoam. Happy days.

kjello, guiller, Treyfus84 and 12 others like this.
  5. Mike Cate

Mike Cate New Member

This is the loft in our house. AKA my listening space. Viewing too! Our main TV, a 55" 1080P Panasonic plasma, is downstairs. The 60" 4K Samsung sees limited duty right now. I mainly use it & the Klipsch sound bar for David Gilmour Live At Pompeii, & other live concert DVD's & Blurays!

Attached Files:

Denten, 1ADSarge, manu et deo and 5 others like this.
  6. 80talisten

80talisten Active Member

20180513_160454.jpg 20180513_205611.jpg 20180513_210105.jpg
    20180513_211227.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Burner, guiller, Treyfus84 and 15 others like this.

7. asilker

asilker Bible Reader Subscriber

ronscat and 80talisten like this.
  8. WernerO

WernerO New Member

All the same room ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kjello, Burner, guiller and 14 others like this.
  9. shrinkboy

shrinkboy AK Subscriber Subscriber

werner- what are we looking at? please do tell

10. WernerO

WernerO New Member

The main system:

The turntables are a Michell Orbe with SME IV and Allaerts or Lyra cartridges, and a very old GyroDec that I converted into something Gyro SE-like, with my own motor and controller, RB-300, and a Lyra Dorian. The phonostage is a four-box Paradise, but I also have an ISO and several DIY designs. There is a Tascam DV-RA1000 for recording LPs.

The amplifier is a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170. There is a Michell Alecto Stereo MkII in the rack, but this is no longer used. The Panasonic 42" TV and a Denon DVD-2930 are connected to the amp, but the DVD is almost never used.

The main source is a Cubox 4i-Pro computer, hidden behind the amp, running Volumio, streaming from files stored on a QNAP NAS in the basement.

That computer, and the local router, are fed from a DIY linear power supply in the rack. There is another such supply in there, providing two adjustable bipolar supplies (up to +/-26V) for guest phonostages or ADCs or whatever. This is a tidier solution that a heap of wallwarts and SMPSs.

Speakers are ProAc D-40R and, presently, completely restored Quad ESL-57s.

--

The second system shows TEAC 501-series DAC and headphone amplifier, with Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. Normally this is fed from a Raspberry Pi 2 running Moode Audio, but I hardly ever use it. Nowadays this system mainly serves to record to cassette.

The speakers in that picture are a DIY design, built around open-back BMR units. They are digital-active, each with a MiniDSP two-channel amp and processor in their back. Work in progress.

--

In the back of the room is my workplace and storage for unused things. There is an operational system built around a DIY preamp (in the housing of an LFD LS0), LFD PA0 power amp, Rega Planet CD, Sansui T-317 tuner, Apogee MiniDAC, and various cassette decks (I recently started refurbishing them, and the collection has been growing since, really have to start selling.) KEF Q-Compact speakers. You also see a Michell Orca in storage.

That back-side system also receives a delayed feed from the main system, its preamp making a difference signal. When enabled this creates Hafler-style surround for the main system. On many types of music this is very much an enrichment over plain stereo.

I also have my old Cyrus One, Technics SL-1200MkII with lots of cartridges, Marantz CD-52SE, Pioneer DV-444, a Hawk A-18 kit class A amp, and many DIY projects.

heavyrock, Ds2000, AudioKeith and 3 others like this.
  11. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

Lowther OB's powered by the new Volt+D ( dual mono ) instead of the Dennis Had EL84 SE. But not for long.

P1010016.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    dpdatl, Pentotark, guiller and 5 others like this.

12. asilker

Which power source do you use with the volt?

13. Poultrygeist

At the moment a 19V power brick. Even cheap SMPS are supposed to work well due to the Volt+D's on board capacitance multiplier.

14. asilker

I used a laptop PSU to power a volt + and dive Altec 604's. I was not impressed. I'm wondering how much would change with a better power supply

15. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Very nice and clean. Can't tell, is that a Kenwood amp? I have a chance to grab a KA-7002 and not sure what I want to do. Was going to pair it with my Luxman R-113 and Magnavox Amp 185.

16. Poultrygeist

I think you'd be impressed with this Volt+ using an Astron linear regulated PSU.

PA250049.jpg

17. punprankster

punprankster AK Subscriber Subscriber

20180520_073432.jpg 20180520_175712-01.jpeg

New residents in my living room.

Still kicking myself for completely forgetting about the pair of Sony SS-M7s here in BT so when these cropped up on the Bay I wasted no time grabbing them.

I think my brightness problem's been solved. Loving the midrange and the wide soundstage. If I can only make them pound harder...

kjello, Pentotark, SPL db and 21 others like this.
  18. G Tube

G Tube open your ears..

Thats actually a pioneer sa-8100, hooked up to a pair of altec stonehenge 1's

Natitude likes this.
  19. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Ahh. Very nice!

G Tube likes this.
  20. @udi0$lave

@udi0$lave New Member