Pics of your listening space

7C6C9090-FBA5-4F61-A871-738C200306DC.jpeg 61AB6FD0-3202-49CD-9F03-4289CE3FEADA.jpeg
Looks like it! I like your low cabinet, working on a design low like that.
Wow...Nice design...I made mine by gluing two pieces of MDF 50x160 2cm thick for each floor then painted by roll, brush leaves too much stripes visible against te light...for the four legs I used an L shaped aluminum bar cut at 52cm then stainless stell screws to asselbe it....I spent no more that 100 bucks!

View attachment 1221104 View attachment 1221105
Wow...Nice design...I made mine by gluing two pieces of MDF 50x160 2cm thick for each floor then painted by roll, brush leaves too much stripes visible against te light...for the four legs I used an L shaped aluminum bar cut at 52cm then stainless stell screws to asselbe it....I spent no more that 100 bucks!
I especially like the stainless allen bolts, nice touch! New cabinet horizontals will be 2 layers ¾" oak plywood, vertical pieces 1¾" turned oak, going to slide stainless tubing over verticals.

I especially like the stainless allen bolts, nice touch! New cabinet horizontals will be 2 layers ¾" oak plywood, vertical pieces 1¾" turned oak, going to slide stainless tubing over verticals.
Good and it will match perfectly with your room...maybe it will be a little bit more expansive than mine but oak is beautiful anyway...

Hahaha I have the same dog/Bed/Toy problem in mine :)

Proud of him today. He went down the stairs for the first time. He's been going up a few weeks and just crying if we went down. He's now going down even faster than he can go up. Time for him to transition to a full time outdoors dog.... During the day anyway.

When we're home in the evenings he can be inside. He'll be in the laundry at night a few months yet. I've read that puppies can't regulate their body temperature till about 6 months.

Tweaking speaker positioning and toe-in a little today. I gotta say... WOW! Maybe half an inch and everything snapped together better than before! I'm also convinced that the new caps are fully run in now. And the new Audioquest speaker and IC cables bring more life, depth and detail into the mix. I'm a happy camper right now. I never imagined these speakers to ever sound this good.

Also, I pick up a LOT of great music from the Kenrick Sound videos. They always show a screenshot of their iPad with the music they're playing. I look it up on Tidal and save it to my favorites!

Anyway, enough blabbering...

p2764738386-5.jpg

p2764738387-5.jpg
Love The setup! I bought my first pair of Genesis 210's in 1983 and finally let them go in 2007. I currently am enjoying a pair of Genesis 1's.

I too get a lot of enjoyment and new music from KRS, his video's are the greatest.

Love The setup! I bought my first pair of Genesis 210's in 1983 and finally let them go in 2007. I currently am enjoying a pair of Genesis 1's.

I too get a lot of enjoyment and new music from KRS, his video's are the greatest.

That post/pic was from a while ago. This is the most recent state of the system. It's a bit of a mess at the moment with cables dangling all over the place and this huge old book shelf thing, and tombstone looking temporary open baffles. I need to finish the open baffle speakers and reorganize the system with some new shelving/rack(s).

p2931829166-5.jpg

Thanks, how does the OB compare?

The Genesis were such an under rated speaker.

Two totally different beasts. They both load the room and interact with it differently. My brothers and I were just listening to them last night over at my ex'es place, being powered by an older Yamaha HT receiver and supplemented by my old pair of Polk Audio PSW505 subs.

The Genesis' have crisper highs while still remaining silky smooth thanks to those wonderful phenolic inverted tweeters and those super fancy and expensive crossovers I put in them. The OB's surprisingly enough have about the same crisp, silky smooth treble, only not as pronounced, and they do roll off just a touch early. For 12" drivers, they do extend shockingly high.

The midrange on both are excellent. They both produce a nice, wide and open sound stage, but the OB's do it in a larger, more true to life scale. Also, with the OB's, the center image stays perfectly locked in the center, one of the benefits of having no crossovers. IOW, no phase shifts.

Mid-bass and bass... Both very tight, tuneful, detailed and natural, but the Genesis' have more "bass" because of a couple of things, they LOAD the room with it, and because I'm not yet finished with my OB's. Right now, I'm only running a single 12" woofer on smaller than should be baffles. I have SIX more 12" drivers sitting (a total of four woofers per channel), waiting to be added to the setup, all on larger, taller OB's.

The Genesis' are fairly efficient, requiring little power to get loud. I think I've seen max of about 30 watts and they were extremely loud with that amount of power. The OB's however, are REALLY efficient. Even with a single 12" woofer doing all bass duties from 200 Hz on down and with their fair share of EQ down low, it gets terribly loud in here with max power of about 15 watts going into them. The Audio Nirvana Super 12's on the other hand, to keep up with the woofers, maybe ever see an absolute max of 1 watt! Most of the time on really loud passages, they're seeing swings of about 0.3 - 0.5 watts!

Funny thing is, these 12" woofers are rated at 94 dB @ 150 Hz at 1w/1m. When I finish the OB's and have four of these woofers running per channel, their efficiency is going to be up around 103 dB @ 1w/1m! The Audio NIrvana's are rated at 96 - 97 dB @ 1w/1m. The amps just loaf along the entire time. :rockon:

Just a fun note. The AN fullrange drivers receive a full range signal. Only the woofers are crossed over at 200 Hz via the dbx Driverack Venu 360, and the OB's are vertically bi-amped.

p2874611951-5.jpg

Pretty cool! I was interested in them, but am doing something more "traditional" on my current build.

20180630_093008_zpse8aeplef.jpg

I am retired, fixed budget and finishing up on our 3500 sq. ft. house build, my build, I have done everything except the ceiling drywall and AC. This little speaker build is to keep my mind happy and they have a place perfect for them.

Pretty cool! I was interested in them, but am doing something more "traditional" on my current build.

20180630_093008_zpse8aeplef.jpg

I am retired, fixed budget and finishing up on our 3500 sq. ft. house build, my build, I have done everything except the ceiling drywall and AC. This little speaker build is to keep my mind happy and they have a place perfect for them.
Start your own thread for these speakers as I'm sure most would love to watch the build evolve.

Back
Top Bottom