Pics of your listening space

20180907_164547.jpg 20180907_164609.jpg Hey folks,

I figured that I'd put my first post in this thread. Here's what I'm working with:
Spendor FL6 speakers
Technics sl 1350 turntable*
Sony DVP-s555 (using as a transport)
Cal Audio Labs Sigma II (Telefunken tube)
Accuphase C-200
Accuphase P-300*
Harmon Kardon HK870
Google Chromecast Audio

The Technics has had a bit of work done under the hood: Grado Statement Platinum 2 cartridge and audioquest cougar tonearm cable put on it. It's punching well above its weight and age as it were.

I'm currently having a full restoration done on my my Accuphase p-300 at the moment, which is why you're seeing the Hk870 in the pic. I purchased the Spendors new in 1998, and the Accuphase and Technics kit belonged to my father way back when. I run Tidal Hi-fi through the Chromecast audio and the sigma dac and it sounds better than it has any right to. I'm considering the Parasound Hint 6 as finances allow but the Accuphase stuff still sounds so damn good that I wonder if it's a fools errand of sorts. Pleasure to be a part of this community! Cheers Dennis

Last edited:
View attachment 1275613 View attachment 1275614 Hey folks,

I figured that I'd put my first post in this thread. Here's what I'm working with:
Spendor FL6 speakers
Technics sl 1350 turntable*
Sony DVP-s555 (using as a transport)
Cal Audio Labs Sigma II (Telefunken tube)
Accuphase C-200
Accuphase P-300*
Harmon Kardon HK870
Google Chromecast Audio

The Technics has had a bit of work done under the hood: Grado Statement Platinum 2 cartridge and audioquest cougar tonearm cable put on it. It's punching well above its weight and age as it were.

I'm currently having a full restoration done on my my Accuphase p-300 at the moment, which is why you're seeing the Hk870 in the pic. I purchased the Spendors new in 1998, and the Accuphase and Technics kit belonged to my father way back when. I run Tidal Hi-fi through the Chromecast audio and the sigma dac and it sounds better than it has any right to. I'm considering the Parasound Hint 6 as finances allow but the Accuphase stuff still sounds so damn good that I wonder if it's a fools errand of sorts. Pleasure to be a part of this community! Cheers Dennis

Welcome to AK, nice set up. :thumbsup:

Nice! Gotta think it will be hard to punch above the restored Accuphase.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking that too. I just wonder about all of the advancements made over the past 45 years in circuitry design, board materials,etc. It would be a while before I could financially make a move to something like a Parasound Halo level, so I'll have time after getting both pieces back (c-200 will get worked on after the p-300) to contemplate such things. Plus, there are so many places within my existing system where there's room for improvement before I change amp and preamp, such as speaker wires, interconnects, and my transport and 20 yo dac.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking that too. I just wonder about all of the advancements made over the past 45 years in circuitry design, board materials,etc. It would be a while before I could financially make a move to something like a Parasound Halo level, so I'll have time after getting both pieces back (c-200 will get worked on after the p-300) to contemplate such things. Plus, there are so many places within my existing system where there's room for improvement before I change amp and preamp, such as speaker wires, interconnects, and my transport and 20 yo dac.

First area to address in my mind would be your digital interface (DAC). yOu can do much better than the Chromecast for sure to better compliment the quality of the rest of your system.

Some near field listening last night - Legacy Audio Protege between my new Cornwalls, in front of my L200Bs. :D

RCczkAcl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom