Pics of your listening space

Nice space. That rocker looks interesting. What is it?
Not sure of the one most visible, I think from 1930-1950s, oak w/ fabric seat and back. Purchased in central Illinois at a yard sale.
The one less visible w/ the pillow on it is from the arts & crafts mission era, also oak. It was my grandma's from Chicago. I wish I took pillow off it for photo.

Not sure of the one most visible, I think from 1930-1950s, oak w/ fabric seat and back. Purchased in central Illinois at a yard sale.
The one less visible w/ the pillow on it is from the arts & crafts mission era, also oak. It was my grandma's from Chicago. I wish I took pillow off it for photo.
Very nice

My "close to done" setup...

Inside the cabinet (the door in front is vented)...
Croft Phono Integrated (with a "comp-cool" fan on top!)
Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Raspberry Pi - Hifiberry Digi+
Rega TT-PSU
TrippLite power strip

On top - Rega P5/RB700 with Nagaoka MP200, delrin platter, aluminum subplatter, double pulley blah blah blah

Newest addition, Harbeth P3ESR SE (thanks @Bostown !) on skylan stands full of rice.

Ekornes chair.

(wife's Roland DP90e in the middle)

I honestly don't know what else I would change at this point, apart from maybe a TT upgrade eventually, but naah.

Still working on adjustments, of course. And need need to figure out where to hang my grandparents' old swag lamp

2018-09-13%2022.53.35.jpg

Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Rega TT-PSU
TrippLite power strip

On top - Rega P5/RB700 with Nagaoka MP200, delrin platter, aluminum subplatter, double pulley blah blah blah

Newest addition, Harbeth P3ESR SE (thanks @Bostown !) on skylan stands full of rice.

Ekornes chair.

I honestly don't know what else I would change at this point, apart from maybe a TT upgrade eventually, but naah.

Still working on adjustments, of course. And need need to figure out where to hang my grandparents' old swag lamp

I already miss those damn Harbeths but given my space and "overstock" of small british monitors. My Acoustic Energy AE1 , Spendor Ls3/5a , JR149 etc etc blah blah blah will have to suffice. I love the clean look of your space and system set up.

Once we get our addition done and later, Garage / Home Studio , I can see a similar micro sized listening space where the office currently is
Glad the speakers found a great home.

If you opt to "upgrade" the P25.. .I know a guy with a few tables that might be worthy of that system and space ( VPI scoutmaster?, Thorens TD124 ( for restoration), Sota Nova Star/ SME V... you get the idea) :deal:

Largely cosmetic update to main system. After several years, I finally painted the skylines diffusors. :)

After the old DVR/cablebox died in the HT, we got a newer, higher capacity one (which thrilled wifey to no end) which was substantially more compact in every dimension. I had always lamented that the center speaker had slightly obscured a lower section of the screen. With the new arrangement, I ended up removing a shelf and placing the box atop the center. Voila - solved the problem and provided a spare shelf. What to do with it?

Similarly, the only thing on the lowest shelf in the main system was a small power supply for the microRendu endpoint. I moved it to the bench behind the gear in the dormer and ended up with a second similar shelf. With two, I decided to use them as amplifier stands which scored nicely with wifey as it made vacuuming the space easier. Win win.

skylines.jpg

system.jpg

ht.jpg

Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Rega TT-PSU
TrippLite power strip

Ekornes chair.

The room looks very comfy - I like the side table that the turntable is on.

Largely cosmetic update to main system. After several years, I finally painted the skylines diffusors. :)

After the old DVR/cablebox died in the HT, we got a newer, higher capacity one (which thrilled wifey to no end) which was substantially more compact in every dimension. I had always lamented that the center speaker had slightly obscured a lower section of the screen. With the new arrangement, I ended up removing a shelf and placing the box atop the center. Voila - solved the problem and provided a spare shelf. What to do with it?

Similarly, the only thing on the lowest shelf in the main system was a small power supply for the microRendu endpoint. I moved it to the bench behind the gear in the dormer and ended up with a second similar shelf. With two, I decided to use them as amplifier stands which scored nicely with wifey as it made vacuuming the space easier. Win win.

skylines.jpg

system.jpg

ht.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what are those huge electrostatic speakers in your main area? Magnepans?

Forgive my ignorance, but what are those huge electrostatic speakers in your main area? Magnepans?
Actually, Magnepans are not electrostatics. Hence the name - they are magnetically driven planars. I started out with those in the 70s before moving to electrostatics.

They are Sound Lab U-1PX, now called U-790s (seven foot tall, 90 degree radiation angle). The current product uses 45 degree panels and they make eight and nine foot tall models as well. More info available if you go to my profile page and click the home page link.

Last edited:
Actually, Magnepans are not electrostatics. Hence the name - they are magnetically driven planars. I started out with those in the 70s before moving to electrostatics.

They are Sound Lab U-1PX, now called U-790s (seven foot tall, 90 degree radiation angle). The current product uses 45 degree panels and they make eight and nine foot tall models as well. More info available if you go to my profile page and click the home page link.

Ah, thanks. Learn something new every day.

Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Rega TT-PSU
TrippLite power strip

Ekornes chair.

Love the autographed, (R.I.P.) Pat DiNizio poster.

What is it kind of question. I like it and have been looking for a nice clock for a while now, either something techie and new, or something vintage, retro. Something I can easily see across the room. The little Technics timer I use as a clock is getting harder and harder to see these days. It's display is small and very dim, even at night.

If you're looking for vintage, how about something like a MasterCrafters Starlight Television Clock:

Master_Crafters_Starlight_2.jpg

It was intended to be visible from across the room and there is a switch in the back of the base for turning the light on and off.

Decided to get the big screen TV out of the room so I could make things a little less crowded.
The Rogers/Fried combo works seamlessly with the Yamaha system for Classical and Jazz. IMG_1494.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG