Pics of your listening space

Added a new rack some new equipment and moved some equipment round. Getting too cluttered. All I really need for this room is a good integrated with phono stage, maybe two turntables and a small sub to go with my current Oppo streamer and speakers. I could save musical chairs of equipment for the “media room” and keep this room static.

IMG_0764.jpg IMG_0767.jpg

My living room. I have a bit of a fetish for over sized drivers. 4 x customized 3 ways w 12 inch woofers, 2 x realistic mach one 4024a, 2x peavey mdj 2150, 2 x Sony 3way bookshelf wired as one center, 1x M&K mx150 sub. A pioneer 7.1 I got cheap and a older yamaha I got for even cheaper 100w x 9 max but I probably only run 10w x9 most the time lol. So much over kill it is an experience lol.
Welcome to AK, Random J. Laugh at me if you want to, but I swear your setup screams "AC/DC turned up to 11." :rockon:

Above and beyond listening to music, I believe you've nixed any and all reasons to (over)pay to watch a movie at the local theater. And I don't give a damn if it's a premier. Your setup makes the wait for the DVD/Blu-ray that much easier to endure.
And this is the Truth...even the 1080i 55 inch rear projection Mitsubishi is crystal clear in this totally black dark home theater.. ..
We don't have to worry about the influx of bed bugs making their way into the theater and sitting in the dirty sticky chairs

Above and beyond listening to music, I believe you've nixed any and all reasons to (over)pay to watch a movie at the local theater. And I don't give a damn if it's a premier. Your setup makes the wait for the DVD/Blu-ray that much easier to endure.

A great HT system goes a long way, but sometimes I just have to see a certain type of movie on the big screen. Well it’s the Edward’s Big Newport - actually the biggest 70mm screen in the western US with 3000 seats. I’ll be there for Bohemian Rapsody next week for sure. The atmosphere will be electric to say the least.

A great HT system goes a long way, but sometimes I just have to see a certain type of movie on the big screen. Well it’s the Edward’s Big Newport - actually the biggest 70mm screen in the western US with 3000 seats. I’ll be there for Bohemian Rapsody next week for sure. The atmosphere will be electric to say the least.
elcoholic, please tell me you're not referring "Bohemian Rhapsody" as in the epic song by Queen. I'm a HUGE fan of the group and I'm guessing you're talking about a biography of some sort.

Decided to greatly reduce the amount of gear and clutter with my system, not to mention a new pair of speakers... A pair that I bought and sold several years back that I should have never gotten rid of. Not only is this pair brand new, but also snagged them at a lot better deal.

p3132287860-5.jpg

p3132288304-5.jpg

p3132288325-5.jpg

And then decided to upgrade and revise the bedroom system as well... The dbx and Azden EQ are just there for a light show, nothing more.
p3132288181-5.jpg

p3132288227-5.jpg

p3132288059-5.jpg
cube-tube, those dual JLs are like a roadside car crash - you can't help but slow down and create a gapers' delay. I'm drawn to them like a moth to a flame and find myself trying to resist looking for too long. The fact that you played "Numbers" by Kraftwerk through them will keep me coming back for future viewing.

Added a new rack some new equipment and moved some equipment round. Getting too cluttered. All I really need for this room is a good integrated with phono stage, maybe two turntables and a small sub to go with my current Oppo streamer and speakers. I could save musical chairs of equipment for the “media room” and keep this room static.

View attachment 1313453 View attachment 1313454
Cap1, I already said it more than once and I'll say it again: Your setup is simply lovely. The equipment racks, the components, and the decor are a sight to behold and undoubtedly an experience to listen to. I don't know what genre(s) you primarily listen to but I bet you sure as hell get lost in the music.

It's been a long time since I posted in here. Thought I'd post an old versus new:

About four years ago:
15884541325_9421b3a01e_z.jpg

15797946528_2e219296a3_z.jpg

Yesterday:
44126298995_de36473962_z.jpg

43225983610_652127afc4_z.jpg
Souladdikt, your system looks good and I bet it sounds amazing but what's really grabbing me is the open space and the decor. A nice, uncrowded mantle, neatly sheened hardwood flooring, an engaing color on the "contrast wall," 1960s-era mod table and chairs, a comfortable couch, and just the right amount of books to keep one positioned on the couch for the duration of a weekend - especially if it's cold outside.

This local to me Theater has a 92ft wide and a 70ft wide screen.....and if I won that 1.6 Billion I'd have a 92 foot screen in my home theater !
And enough Massive Woofers and wattage with beyond Atmos....to blow your hair back

http://www.emagine-entertainment.com/super-emax-emagine/

Back
Top Bottom