Pics of your listening space

Here is my hybrid listening / home cinema dedicated space in the basement as it stands now. I have not finished the renovations yet and after the last holidays I decided to take a break and enjoy all my hard work. Basically, I need to finish installing the baseboard trims, crown moldings and paint touch ups. Wall paper on the fireplace wall, an 9' × 10' area rug, a new couch, decoration and accessories. I did pretty much all the work myself, design included. The last pictures shows as it was during demo day on July 2016... Yikes, time flies.

The system consists of a Yamaha CA-1000 restored/modified, Bryston BDA-3 with Chromecast Audio for audio streaming (Soon to be upgraded to Bryston BDP-2, most likely), Totem Mani-2 Signature, Panasonic PT-AE8000 with 106" fixed frame Draper screen.
That’s awesome! Nice remodel.

Beautiful. Beautiful

Thanks! I’m pretty proud of the fact that my and my wife’s musical tastes have worn off on him, if only a little. Usually he’s listening to some mix of rappers I can’t stand, but every now and then the blasting rap switches to Journey, Pink Floyd, or even Frank Sinatra. It’s a good thing!

You might begin by moving the speakers off the floor and forward of the tables and stands to eliminate the diffraction.
Those speakers are gone asap. Not that they aren't serviceable. I do move them forward when I don't have to share the room with 3 people and 2 dogs. Which is to say, I have moved them forward. Once. It was worth it.

The beginning of my new listening space. I've already dropped the old acoustic ceiling. I'll be running new power for my gear, and putting in LED can lighting before putting up drywall. I can't wait to get things set up.

33294376368_49444f55a0_b.jpg

46446000024_353e4f27bb_b.jpg

The beginning of my new listening space. I've already dropped the old acoustic ceiling. I'll be running new power for my gear, and putting in LED can lighting before putting up drywall. I can't wait to get things set up.

fireplace-check
bar-check
lava lamp - check
shuffleboard-check

Looks like a great beginning. Congrats and make sure to let us see the finished room.

My God this is so cool. Great MCM vibe I would not change a thing just add to the Cool vibe. I LOVE THIS, WOW.

Grabbed a small 4 shelf stand for the two turntables, at my limit with space and just one more Pioneer DD turntable on the horizon ( PL 630 ). The Luxman R113 is a good fit with the speakers. One day more than likely will go with a better phono pre amp.

This is positioned on the long wall, have the Soundwave Soliloquys along the short wall. Going to have a listen for a period of time and find out if I prefer this for the turntable setup.

SH5LV6Xh.jpg

qin78mPh.jpg

Thanks everyone. The drywall ceiling will be a ways away. After I do much better lighting, and new dedicated electrical for the gear. So I took the time to start setting up my 2 Channel system.

The room is looking very good. Meanwhile: Drywall finishing makes a colossal mess, and the particles from joint compound sanding are so fine that they will destroy vacuum cleaners (they pass through the filters and wreck the motor). So (architect that I am) I'm idly thinking about rigid fabric panels for your ceiling. Would be one less reflective surface and would also mean you might not have to move every single thing out of that room and back in again. Just thinking aloud FWIW!

I went to an estate sale a couple months back. Walked into the basement and WOW. Like walking back in time to the 50's-60's. Must have been a 20ft bar at one end, kitchen at the other end and huge space in between. If those walls could talk. There must have been some swingin' parties down there. I don't know why I don't think of taking pictures when in places like that.

The room is looking very good. Meanwhile: Drywall finishing makes a colossal mess, and the particles from joint compound sanding are so fine that they will destroy vacuum cleaners (they pass through the filters and wreck the motor). So (architect that I am) I'm idly thinking about rigid fabric panels for your ceiling. Would be one less reflective surface and would also mean you might not have to move every single thing out of that room and back in again. Just thinking aloud FWIW!

Plus, panels allow easy access to the infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom