Pics of your listening space

The room is looking very good. Meanwhile: Drywall finishing makes a colossal mess, and the particles from joint compound sanding are so fine that they will destroy vacuum cleaners (they pass through the filters and wreck the motor). So (architect that I am) I'm idly thinking about rigid fabric panels for your ceiling. Would be one less reflective surface and would also mean you might not have to move every single thing out of that room and back in again. Just thinking aloud FWIW!

I did a bunch of drywalling and I purchased a Hyde Drywall sander that hooks to your shop vac I also got a high efficiency shop vac filter bag. This combo really cut down on the dust. Any hardware store should sell them. $20 for the sander and $15 for a pack of three shop vac bags.

I'm guessing that since the shuffleboard is covered by the rug that you're not really into preserving the "dated" vibe of the room. Personally, I love it! But to save yourself some time and mess, you might consider priming and sealing that knotty pine and then putting a top coat of paint on. We did it years ago and it adds some visual interest and depth to the room instead of the flatness of the drywall. Otherwise, enjoy the refurb. It's always fun creating something new that fits just how you want it. Good luck.

Thanks everyone. The drywall ceiling will be a ways away. After I do much better lighting, and new dedicated electrical for the gear. So I took the time to start setting up my 2 Channel system.

Love the space and the system! What is powering the center channel speaker? Or is it for future use?

Looks like you have plenty of room to get your main speakers off the wall, should you be so inclined. I would be.

Love the space and the system! What is powering the center channel speaker? Or is it for future use?

Looks like you have plenty of room to get your main speakers off the wall, should you be so inclined. I would be.

Thank you. The center is not set up yet, just set in place. For 5.1 I use an Onkyo TX-NR747(Its actually very musical for a HT receiver). Which also brings a pair of Monitor Audio, Radius 90s (For rears), and a SVS SB-2000 sub into play. I have a custom made switch that allows me to select either the Onkyo or the HH Scott LK-72 to run the 2 mains.

Yes, I was still moving things around. The mains will be coming out another 6-12 inches.

Drywall or paneling is only for the Ceiling, the pine stays. I am seriously considering foam panels for the ceiling. just painted white. They would be easier to drop for access. And a simple frame could be made to hold them up. And I would think they would work well to isolate the room acoustically.

I am trying to keep the Mid-Century feel. Almost all the furniture is new.

The center is not set up yet, just set in place. For 5.1 I use an Onkyo TX-NR747(Its actually very musical for a HT receiver). Which also brings a pair of Monitor Audio, Radius 90s (For rears), and a SVS SB-2000 sub into play. I have a custom made switch that allows me to select either the Onkyo or the HH Scott LK-72 to run the 2 mains.

Wow that is going to be a great 2-channel/HT combination system when you are finished, and a smooth way to switch the mains back and forth.

And by the way, that is probably the nicest TD-160 I've ever seen, especially with the Audiomods arm.

Wow that is going to be a great 2-channel/HT combination system when you are finished, and a smooth way to switch the mains back and forth.

And by the way, that is probably the nicest TD-160 I've ever seen, especially with the Audiomods arm.

Thank you so much. It is definatly my baby. I need a better picture of it now with the Copper plated platter.
40913938410_20f6b0d771_b.jpg

Thank you so much. It is definatly my baby. I need a better picture of it now with the Copper plated platter.
40913938410_20f6b0d771_b.jpg

I'm not a analog guy and haven't had a TT in any system for probably more than 25 years, at least, but man this is a nice unit and I'd bet it sounds great!

Just an early temporary setup for the living room in my new apartment. The room reverb overwhelms the general sound quality until I get more furniture but it is convenient. Later will come a TV screen with sound via the Sony HAP-S1 and SS-HA1s. Might get a Sony BluRay player too.

LR temp panorama.jpg LR temp detail.jpg

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, so here we go, the latest setup:

Living room, Infinity RS-II's driven by Emotiva SA-250 and mini Dilvpoetry tube pre-amp:

20190216_085821.jpg

20190222_223250.jpg

And in the basement TV / kids' D&D play room w/ 5.1 HT. TCL Roku 55" HD TV hooked up to Onkyo TX-sr700 receiver w/ Infinity RS-IIIa's as mains driven by dedicated Onkyo A-9070 amp:

20190218_154100.jpg

Next upgrade will be to get a matching Infinity center channel (the rears are Infinitesimals), perhaps Video or similar early 1990's unit.

Still a work in progress. We just bought our house last June and between work and the little ones finding time to get everything sorted out becomes a challenge. I've recently changed some gear too and I'm in the process of changing ic's(had to move amp to use new speaker cables hence the need for new longer ic's and why they are currently hanging in front of the rack). Got the tv setup with a JBL sb300 soundbar for what movies I do watch. I have some remodeling to do down here still. It's not bad but not the colors I'd choose and I prefer different carpet even though this carpet is fairly new. Picky stuff. Overall though, this space is 10 fold better than what my last one was.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190313_231924.jpg
    IMG_20190313_231924.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20190313_232053.jpg
    IMG_20190313_232053.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20190313_232006.jpg
    IMG_20190313_232006.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20190313_232119.jpg
    IMG_20190313_232119.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 174
Wow what a job. Changing shelves removing everything and the damn dust in just a year. I just Bi-amp'd the Pre with speakers I have had since the 70"s.

Still cabling and going to add a screen to stream Music Videos.. Then declutter for a picture.

Back
Top Bottom