Pics of your listening space

Caved in and bought one of those cheap-ass 125 dollar racks that everyone seems to have. Only had to build 2/3rds of it. Gettin there...shopping for barcaloungers now. Just dropping the 3 shades to cover the glass really cleans up the sound.

2sbu6br.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1450433 View attachment 1450434 View attachment 1450435 View attachment 1450436 View attachment 1450437 View attachment 1450438 View attachment 1450439 View attachment 1450440 View attachment 1450441 My brand new office system. Just got it up and running 2 hours ago. The stands were the last piece of the puzzle, they just came in from Amazon today. I am pretty impressed with these Canton 502’s.
Cantons are really great speakers.....especially when you move up into the the Vento and reference series. IF you run across the Vento series, snatch them up quickly! Cantons love tubes!

The lighting in my new listening room is horrible. So this is the best I have for now. The finish is not perfect, but I like the contrast.

Very nice! Now I want one too

Is it cosmetic, or is there more to it?

Where did you get it done, or did you do it yourself?

Cantons are really great speakers.....especially when you move up into the the Vento and reference series. IF you run across the Vento series, snatch them up quickly! Cantons love tubes!

Yeah, I am beginning to find that out. The more time I spend listening to them, the more I am really enjoying them. And I bet they love tubes. They are a tad bit on the bright side. Not fatiguing or ear bleed like Klipsch. In fact nothing close but I bet some tubes would really bring them to another level. But it would have to be a pretty powerful tube amp. My NUForce at 80watts per channel is being taxed some. They’re pretty power hungry at 86.5db. I am going to try an Allo Volt+D and see how they respond.

Very nice! Now I want one too

Is it cosmetic, or is there more to it?

Where did you get it done, or did you do it yourself?

I had a local metal plating company do it. I did end up with some slight bubbles under the copper. This appears to be an issue with the zinc aluminum out gassing. I guess if you have it brass or rhodium plated, then copper it will help eliminate this. I will see how bad the bubbles get. It still looks very good.

No audible improvement. I was only after an aesthetic change. I suppose the extra mass is a good thing. But plating adds very little, say 1/100 gram.

I have honestly lost track of how many freakin amps there are in the house. i dont know how my wife puts up with me.

2oIv08c.jpg
I have the same issue with speakers. The only way I'll get more in this home is if I bring a pair home and move a pair out.

4B54A50C-1DAF-47F0-A057-E2EC59D9A6A3.jpeg BAD16F23-37B5-41BF-8BDC-FAB1D1BF278E.jpeg E1D30862-2D32-438E-BBC1-A314D408CD51.jpeg C2932FA3-4BA7-4360-85F1-697954991FB9.jpeg Thought I would share my “vacation system”. This is a system I have at my cabin in Florida. I know placement is not the best, but I am limited by space and spouse lol. It’s a weekend get away place and the system definitely fills the cabin with tunes.

Denon PRA 1003 and POA 1003. Also an old pair of Polk SDA 2’s.

I searched hard for the matching Denon pre to my amp. Found on Ebay in California about 10 years ago. I have had the Amp for 30 years? Was my main amp for a long period. I think these were mostly Marketed overseas. Tremendous build quality.

Threw in old Sony sub I had for Netflix watching.

I will add that when I was taking these pics I was watching Hans Zimmer live from Prague on Netflix. Really good show, I recommend.

Back
Top Bottom