Marantz PM-500 integrated amp
Marantz ST-300 tuner

marantz_stuff%2008.jpg

marantz_stuff%2009.jpg

marantz_stuff%2010.jpg

Cleaned up pretty nice..
marantz_stuff%2002.jpg

Wow, is that blood on the volume knob?

Good clean up job, I have the ST-400, sounds good.

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Wow, is that blood on the volume knob?

Good clean up job, I have the ST-400, sounds good.

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Lol, no. Pretty sure that's some food-based residue. I get the impression someone had just made no-bake cookies last time this gear was used.

Thanks! Listening to the PM-500 now and liking it. Seems a little warmer sounding than the Yamaha gear I've used, but not quite as warm as the HK430.

my Office in the hospital is a Luxman R-1050 connected to a BD6000 Recordplayer and the PC for playing MP3s through Canton LE250.

My Office

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3.JPG
    IMG_3.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 69
Here's the one I'm putting together for my wife. Looking forward to surprising her with it. I'm making up some speaker cables for her to go with it as well (obviously).

Ipod_Cable.jpg

300-383_L.jpg

384046696_o.jpg

I made a few changes since my last pic:

I put an SACD/DVD-A holder on the wall & got a frame and hung an Alfred Wertheimer signed poster of Elvis holding a stuffed panda:

large.jpg

I also changed out the headphone amp and dac seen in the above photo and moved my Roku Soundbridge back to my desk:

large.jpg

Finally, I replaced the Pinnacle PN5+ speakers with Insignia speakers. The thing under the T-amp is an amp selector. I usually listen to a Marantz 2220B when I listen to speakers, but the selector will also allow me to listen to the T-amp when I am in the mood:

original.jpg

Other than cosmetic changes, I don't envision anything changing in my home office for a while. At work, I still use the Sangean radio, but I now just use an iPhone to stream music via Pandora, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, or Simplify2.

This is the best picture I can get with my cellphone. Pics are blurry no matter how steady I try to hold the phone. A&R Cambridge A60 and Quad 11L speakers. I really enjoy the sound. I need flowers for the vase on top of the amp.

OfficeStereo2.jpg

The current system I am running in the office:

JBL 4301b
Rotel RA-920AX
Sony TA-1055

Running off a PC for MP3 playback, or an old Kodak Photo CD player :D
Interestingly, the Kodak runs a Philips CDM-4 transport!

img0055lj.jpg

img0056jj.jpg

img0057yh.jpg

Excuse the mess and the other random stereo components laying around :D
The Rotel is running naked as I have been servicing it, just replaced all the electros in it and it REALLY improved the sound!

The best part about this rig is that it was all free! (Well, I paid $20 for the Sony :) )

Last edited:
Here is my office rig.

I have a Gateway netbook - Maverick D1 - Sony XDR-F1HD tuner - a modded Accurian $15 amp to be just an amp - modded Insignia NSB 2111 speakers - a left over JL audio car sub with an orphan Polk Audio plate amp. It sounds better than it should.

After looking at the picture I probably need some wire management:scratch2:

Attachments

• office rig 001.jpg
    office rig 001.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 86
  • office rig 003.jpg
    office rig 003.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 46
Current System at work...
Luxman:
R-5030
PX-101
Onkyo:
TA-2048
Carver:
TX-11
B&W:
DM-302

Steve

Attachments

• 7.9.2010.jpg
    7.9.2010.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Technics SA-103 Receiver (free off CL)
JBL 52T ($20)
OEM Soundcard
About 3,500 songs ripped from CD's onto hard drive

Sounds far better than it should.

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 99
Have my office system complete (OK its also my daughter's bedroom!). I now have the ADS L420 speakers and the Nakamichi system 1 installed. Beside the 600II cassette and 630 tuner I have FLAC files going through an ASUS STX sound card from my PC into the 610. Not very visable is the Decware CSP2 HP amp and the Beyerdynamic DT880/600 HPs for late night listening.

I think I might be spending some time in this room! :music:

Office2net.jpg

Have my office system complete (OK its also my daughter's bedroom!). I now have the ADS L420 speakers and the Nakamichi system 1 installed. Beside the 600II cassette and 630 tuner I have FLAC files going through an ASUS STX sound card from my PC into the 610. Not very visable is the Decware CSP2 HP amp and the Beyerdynamic DT880/600 HPs for late night listening.

I think I might be spending some time in this room! :music:

That Nak system 1 looks awesome! How old is it?

We moved offices at work this week. Most people's are slightly smaller than before and mine is no exception. I've adapted by splitting the system in two--speakers and TV in front and receiver and sources off to the side. One unexpected benefit is that I can stand up and reach over my desk to change the volume on the KR-7600. I used to have to get up and walk halfway across the room.

DSC_0010.jpg

Oh, and here's what I've got:

Boston Acoustics A70 speakers
Sony/Wega TV
LG DN788 DVD/CD player
Sony VHS player of some sort
Kenwood KR-7600 receiver

I plan to pick up a cassette deck at a thrift soon, since I have about 60 cassettes in a box that I don't feel like taking home.

Anyway, different room and layout, but it still sounds sweet!

My humble home office system. The Edirol MA-15D's are self-powered 15Wpc monitors, with multiple inputs. I use the optical input for the PC, which has an optical sound card. I am constantly ripping CDs from the PC below this picture to my music server (which is in the garage), and use the MusicPal internet radio / streamer to monitor the rips (via WiFi) as soon as they hit the server. That way I know they're good, and don't need to listen to them on the PC as they're being ripped, allowing much faster rips. The MusicPal uses the RCA jacks into the Edirol speakers. I seldom use the PC as a sound source, but my kid is always watching YouTube or some such thing on the PC, so he uses the Edirols for PC speakers.

office_system.JPG

My system for work is my SA7700 Pioneer amp and a 12 band Realistic EQ and a set of HPM60's. Play music through my computer or Sirus satellite radio.

Back
Top Bottom