Picture Limit

bamark

Was trying to post a new thread, and a message popped up and said I as limited to ten pictures. Is this a new format change, or am I uploading thumbnails and s/b uploading another way.

Thanks
Mark

You've been here for seven years. I'm sure you've seen more than one thread with a long bit of text, then a bunch of pictures attached, followed by one or more posts with additional pictures.

You've been here for seven years. I'm sure you've seen more than one thread with a long bit of text, then a bunch of pictures attached, followed by one or more posts with additional pictures.
Has it been that long?
:eek2:
Sorry to bother you.

I don't think the limit applies if the images are hosted elsewhere. It's only if they are uploaded as attachments.

I don't think very many posts need more than 10 images mind you and I don't think I've ever tested the limit.

I don't think the limit applies if the images are hosted elsewhere. It's only if they are uploaded as attachments.

Personally, I'd prefer that pictures be hosted here: how many times have you done a search on something you're currently interested in, to find old messages with pictures whose hosting has terminated, leaving holes where thousands of words of pictures used to be.

I think if you can't get it done in ten pictures something is wrong. (of course unless she is really hot)

It is also nice to respect the site. My camera is set to max resolution I think. Got an eight gig card in it. some pics are like up in the megabytes, AND compressed to JPG format. We just don't need it that big for most things.

When I take photos, before uploading them I always crop and resize then to something reasonable. I usually go to around 900 pixels wide and have the program maintain aspect ratio. Works well on CL as well because you don't want them to resize it.

I like how you can click on the image and it zooms in, but too much of that has to take alot of disk space and probably some bandwidth. Some are just too damn big. When it gets to three screen widths it is usually much more than needed.

Personally, I'd prefer that pictures be hosted here: how many times have you done a search on something you're currently interested in, to find old messages with pictures whose hosting has terminated, leaving holes where thousands of words of pictures used to be.

Agreed.

I see now some people in D&S are downloading and uploading pictures and screenshots from like CL or eBay. That makes sense because those pages do disappear, then nobody knows what you're talking about.

One of my favorite threads down there is like "What I Learned On Craigslist" or something to that effect. Just a link doesn't cut it because then you get "this posting has been deleted by its author".

What really bugs me is these image hosting sites that want to advertise. I got two free gigs on Dropbox and when I use the \public directory, all that downloads is the image itself and displays in your browser. There is no frame, no caption possible and no ads possible. If you do that and want a caption on it take an old program I could send you, tell it to "enlarge canvas" then go into text mode, pick your font and size and it becomes part of the picture.

You can tell a Dropbox \public file because it always has a \u somewhere in the URL.

But for reasonable sized images it is probably best to just upload them here. But say you want to post some music that ain't on youtube, Dropbox it. (other cloud storages can work, it is just a matter of keeping out the chaff)

Least that's the way I see it.

Back
Top Bottom