Picture Request.

Infinity nutcase.
Does anyone here own either the Gamma or Delta, possibly the Sigma. I'm trying to verify one of the drivers that came in these models.

If you own them it would be a HUGE help if you could send me a few close ups. We can take it to pm and at your convenience, or here in the forum to compare.

Thanks Much.

I have Sigmas and can get pictures when home in a few hours, what do you need? I also have access to several other Infinity models if you need any other specifics, no other IRSs though.

IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2148.JPG

Hi Brunt,

First I want to Thank You for responding, I really really appreciate it !

I'm trying to confirm that this L-Emim is completely factory, if you look closely at these pics you will see some sort of sealant that is at each end of the unit. I've never seen one before so I have no way to verify.

It looks very cleanly done, but I want to be sure this wasn't something done by the previous owner.

Last edited:
Ah unfortunately Sigmas don't have L-Emims, Epsilons were the model of the same vintage that had those, maybe Okeeteekid could chime in, I know he has Epsilons and is active on this forum.

Well shoot...okeeteekid and I been talking unfortunately his have a HE version that don't match these.

Thank you for trying Brunt..

The epsilon has the newer version of the L-EMIM, HE L-EMIM, I checked mine but it's hard to see because the grills are not easy to remove but if I shine a bright flashlight and look with a magnifying glass through the net/ grill cloth, mine look like they have a foam in them like my EMIM's have.

The foam is used to sandwich and hold the diaphragm in place so to stop it from vibrating past the point of the foam where the speaker terminals are connected to the traces so they don't loosen up.

These are two pics that I cropped from a video I made of my epsilons showing the HE L-EMIM
Click on close up pic to enlarge.

1.png
Untitled1.png

Last edited:
You guys are awesome, I didn't think that was something Infinity would do. Kinda bummer cause I was hoping to recover a few bucks from this pick. What the hell do i do with this LOL.
IMG_2145.JPG
And those woofers now nicely refoamed and ready.
IMG_2196.JPG

Last edited:
I wish I did okeeteekid, if that were the case I'd start picking off parts, woofers, crossovers and all to build my own set of gammas. I'm 100% sure I could reproduce the cabinets.

Back
Top Bottom