Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear Moved? What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobrewer1983

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi AK,

For some odd reason or another the "Pictures of Cats on Audio gear" has been moved to Cameras and Photography...

Wondering why this thread was moved?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pictures-of-cats-on-audio-gear.193866/page-235

The post has 235 pages, with hundreds of AK users comments and has ben running for years. Yet its been tossed to the back end of AK?

I know I will probably catch flack from NON cat people regarding this post, but really, the post belongs in general.

Kind of odd as its been active for years... can someone let us know why it was moved?

Kind Regards,
John

I'm a cat guy. I don't see what the big deal is. The thread was just moved, it wasn't deleted.

I guess the deal is it's not properly posted in the correct area. The thread does not belong in Cameras and Photography.

I get the location is not key, but really its been in general for years. we both know why it was relocated...

being relocated causes less posts... you may be a cat guy, great... still does not change the fact that they relocated information for any reason to an area of the site that is not as visited.

For me, I personally like the thread, and would like to see it back where it was.

Yeah, there are a lot of sections on this forum now that maybe get one or two posts per week max. Most never even read those sections, and many probably don't even know that they exist. An example would be the "Streaming Services" subsection of the "Digital Sources" forum. Despite how popular Pandora, etc are these days, almost no one ever posts there, because despite it being the most appropriate section for those discussions, everyone who actually wants replies posts in the main section instead.

The "Cameras and Photography" section is another one of those sections that hardly ever gets used. In this case it's even worse, as it's an off-topic section, not even meant for audio discussion, while the "Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear" thread is clearly audio related. It's not about cats on cars, fences, or couches, it's about Cats on Audio Gear.

Last edited:
I'm a dog guy, but my dog is a cat guy!
I have a classic style Siamese cat that gets along better with dogs than the other cat. He and the Chihuahua frequently curl up together and they protect each other from the other cat, who is a terror. They both hate him. The evil one loves my DCM timeframes though......

I'm a dog guy, but my dog is a cat guy!

This is my point!

Alobar, great post! HAHAh had me cracking up!

Little funny crap on the harmless thread that would give us all a good laugh. Yet its been moved? for what reason, that's all im asking.

Kind Regards,
John

Well since it involves photography...

Hi Dave,

you are correct, but so do a lot of other threads... Like all the other threads regarding showing off your system, pix of lights in the dark... ect...

So what I gather is all the threads that involve taking a picture should be in Cameras and Photography?

Sorry I disagree. Not to say there is anything wrong with the other threads, but its clear it belongs in general.

Kind Regards,
John

Yeah, there are a lot of sections on this forum now that maybe get one or two posts per week max. Most never even read those sections, and many probably don't even know that they exist. An example would be the "Streaming Services" subsection of the "Digital Sources" forum. Despite how popular Pandora, etc are these days, almost no one ever posts there, because despite it being the most appropriate section for those discussions, everyone who actually wants replies posts in the main section instead.

The "Cameras and Photography" section is another one of those sections that hardly ever gets used. In this case it's even worse, as it's an off-topic section, not even meant for audio discussion, while the "Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear" thread is clearly audio related. It's not about cats on cars, fences, or couches, it's about Cats on Audio Gear.

Thank you ChrisBrown!

Someone who can see my point! Its not a matter of me liking cats.. (I do... as im sure all can tell) it's a matter of the site moving a massive amount of good information and putting it into an area where it will get less attention.

If one would read the thread (witch i have) from page 1, you will see a lot of great info, yes on cats, but also on Audio.

For all I care, change it to pets on audio gear and put it back in the general thread so all can enjoy it.

I dont know for sure it was moved because of someone who did not like cats, but what other reason was it moved for is my question...

any way, good to hear from you Chris, loved reading your posts on the L150's a few yeas back! :) you gave me some info when i was having some trouble a few years ago.

Kind Regards,
John

I have a classic style Siamese cat that gets along better with dogs than the other cat. He and the Chihuahua frequently curl up together and they protect each other from the other cat, who is a terror. They both hate him. The evil one loves my DCM timeframes though......

Nice!

yea our cats seem to stay off my actual speakers, but my amps/TT's... yea not so much... the amp due to the fact that it gets warm, and Charlotte our female loves to watch the TT platter spin.

She will usually relax with us on the sofa and listen to music, but other times she likes to be right on it. I do have to do bi-weekly cleanings to keep it clean, but its well worth it.

Thanks for the post! :)

Kind Regards,
John

Not sure if I am in the minority or not but I almost exclusively use the "New Posts" link for general browsing. If not that it is usually to find something specific in which case I will do a search. About the only time I deliberately go to a particular forum is to start a new thread myself.

So in other words, I rarely even pay attention to which forum I am in. I have seen the cats on speakers thread many times, but have not posted on it.. Now dogs in front of speakers I might just have something to contribute!

Not sure if I am in the minority or not but I almost exclusively use the "New Posts" link for general browsing. If not that it is usually to find something specific in which case I will do a search. About the only time I deliberately go to a particular forum is to start a new thread myself.

So in other words, I rarely even pay attention to which forum I am in. I have seen the cats on speakers thread many times, but have not posted on it.. Now dogs in front of speakers I might just have something to contribute!

This is how i found out it was moved. I did a search on "pictures of cats on audio gear" nothing came up... finally found it by searching previous posts that I had made.

My point was not to lump you into the cat crowd, but to say all input matters... you cracked a funny joke. may not be a cat fan, but you can clearly carry on a conversation on the subject... :)

Kind Regards,
John

I have had cats in the past, but choose a dog at this time. I tend to like all four footers for the most part although I do remember one cat that tried to use the foam grilles on my L200's for a scratching post. :( The next day I bought her one of those multi level rigs to scratch!

I have had cats in the past, but choose a dog at this time. I tend to like all four footers for the most part although I do remember one cat that tried to use the foam grilles on my L200's for a scratching post. :( The next day I bought her one of those multi level rigs to scratch!

Oh man... yea with cats you cant leave grills out... My L-110's were almost subject to some serious damage a few years back. I walked into the living room and noticed my orange guy (Hunter McBrewington) with one paw on the clot pulling away stretching himself... My eyes about jumped off my face LOL

Lesson leaned... now all grills get stored properly.

Kind Regards,
John

I'm subscribed to the thread so anytime there's a new post I see it in my Subscribed Threads page. So I didn't know it had moved!

I'm subscribed to the thread so anytime there's a new post I see it in my Subscribed Threads page. So I didn't know it had moved!
Good point, but the newer folks presumably have never seen the thread, and given its current location, most probably never will. The subtitle of the General Audio Discussion sub-forum is "Anything audio is fair game." There is a definite audio connection to pictures of cats on audio gear, no?

I, for one, would like to see the thread moved back to General Audio. And if you want to post pictures of dogs -- or hamsters, etc. -- on audio gear, all the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom