Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

39a8xM9.jpg

Wife does not want cat or dog at this time. But I have had dogs and cats around in other houses for 40 years. Some just want attention. Daughter's one dog goes crazy happy to see me when I visit. Even my mom's invisible cats came to me for attention after she had passed.

One observation I've made over the years is that if you want your cat to live a long life have them live indoors exclusively. As much as cats love to go outside there are too many potential hazards out there that can end in tragedy. The last time Chubbs went outside was over 5 years ago when he was almost lost in a storm drain.

In my neighborhood we continue to lose cats to coyotes.

What about traffic, I lost four cats because of traffic. Two on a a disease, just one that made it over 15. He managed to become 18, died of old age partially, but also on a badly functioning thyroid. Seems to have to do something with bad food being sold in supermarkets.

So yeah, Simmie and Kleine live indoors and eat the best food I can manage to find.

But I do go on a walk with Simmie, once in a while, on a leash :) (Always wondering btw who is the one that is leashed...)

One observation I've made over the years is that if you want your cat to live a long life have them live indoors exclusively.
Absolutely. There are cats who like going out and do well there, but all domestic cats are fragile creatures and the world is harsh. Domestic cats often lack the survival skills, parental training, or the essential mistrust and "street savvy" to thrive outdoors, and wind up injured or killed by cars, bullied or hunted by other beasts including humans and feral or larger domestic cats, or succumb to environmental and man-made hazards. They're not wild animals, and their relationship with humans and how they're typically raised tends to leave them in a perpetually naive, overly-trusting, and kittenish state. Thus, letting them run freely outdoors -- particularly forcing them outside at night, as some do -- is like sending a three-year-old human toddler outside to fend for itself.

In short, your cat will be happier living indoors.

No internet or doing work with the meter. You must pay attention to me. Cat's view of a service human. My dad had to read the cat paper before he could read the real paper. But you have to love them anyway. The cat can fit into any box they want.

Back
Top Bottom