Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

AnRgWeW.jpg

I've got a lot of audio equipment and have had many cats in my life, and I'm a total cat person. At the moment, we have four in the house, and the closest any of ours are allowed to come to audio equipment is my lap while I'm listening.

1) back in '96, I bought a pristine NAD 2200PE amp, an Adcom preamp-tuner, a Sony ES CD player, and a nice set of Morel speakers as a package. I had the amp on a low table until I got it all situated. Evidently, I had left it on a few times, and our orange cat discovered its warmth. I came home from work one day, and there was a nice pile of cat vomit on the vented top of the amp. Unfortunately, the vents served as a strainer for the vomit. I disconnected the amp and cleaned it the best I could. I cleaned it a couple more times. Then I let it dry for a few more days. I powered it up and thought all was well for about three seconds until a pop and smoke told me otherwise. I had it repaired at a shop, but they never did believe my story that a cat had vomited on it; evidently, I'd cleaned it too well and left no evidence!
2) I generally leave the cover off my turntable when listening to records. It's an old Dual with a cracked dust cover, and removing it is the only way I can see to easily keep it from cracking more. I was in my chair, eyes closed, in my 'zone' and really into whatever was playing. I heard a Whomp sound that pretty much scared the crap out of me. Yup, the kitten had jumped onto it - straight up and landed right in the middle. I'm not really sure why I put the cover on that night while playing, but I'm more likely to do so now if I'm listening with lights down, eyes closed, etc. I got lucky that time!

Picked that avatar because he looked like my Rat Terrier "Duke". Same coloring. I had him for 15 yrs. Smartest dog I ever had. Some days the toys did not stand a chance. He killed them. And enjoyed doing it.

Back
Top Bottom