Pictures of my score

bart,
can i pay you to come over and clean my garage?

HeHe! I know where most things are in my garage but that's because I have to pick through everything over and over again to get to stuff. I've got the same problem with too much stuff and not enough room or organization - so I'm trying to pare down the extraneous stuff too. Need to do a Goodwill/Salvation Army run with a bunch of things to clear out more space (should quit picking up stuff too but.....:scratch2:)

Bart, thanks for the ideas on the garage. I will definately give that some thought and figure out a game plan. There is a bunch of stuff in there that needs to disappear.

First things first though. I had just started remodeling my "man cave" in the house with wall paper removal, fresh paint, blinds and curtains, etc. So far, I have just gotten all the old wallpaper removed and the walls ready to paint. I hope to get this all finished in the next couple of weeks.

Sounds like your mancave renovation is moving along. A dedicated listening room is a great getaway place so good luck on your progress. Maybe a few before and after pics to encourage us?

Regards,

Bart

Quoting Bogie in "The Maltese Falcon": "The stuff that dreams are made of". Son...you are offically on a roll here...if you have a couple spare bucks run out and buy a couple lottery tickets while you're at it. Let the luck roll on!!

Something to add to your short list of clean-up items: Most vacuum cleaner repair shops sell little electronic vacuum kits. Originally developed for computers and related gear, they include a variety of small wands and attachments for getting into really small areas. They also include adapters for shop vacs and central vacuum systems. Given the amount of gear you got, these should be worth their weight in gold. And they are so much cleaner than using compressed air, which tends to splatter dust and dirt everywhere.

Good Luck, and I hope you find at least a couple of pieces to call your own for the long term. A find like yours should have tangible components to go along with the great memories and the really tall (Paul Bunyan-like :D:D) story you'll be telling years from now.

pffffftttt!

It takes a good eye to see the gold in a pile of electronic equipment like this. I can see why the owner of the facility might not have recognized what was there. Congrats!!!

Don't need much of an eye to see all that Glass and Iron....

You have enough potential fundage in that pile to perhaps supply your audio habit for the rest of your life...

I am completely green with envy...:yes:

The big question is where to start...:scratch2:

WOW that`s an AWSOME HAUL hope youv`e got plenty of time to sort it all out and have fun putting it all to GOOD use!!!

That is truly an extraordinary find and you are probably set for life in terms of obtaining tube gear. The chances of something similar happening to me are now that much less.

I guess I can die now. :tears:

Paul

In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Gollee!"

I would not have thought there was that much tube gear in the whole STATE of Missouri!

Good for you!

I hope you will be entertaining us all with ongoing info about this haul for some time to come!

Bally

In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Gollee!"

I would not have thought there was that much tube gear in the whole STATE of Missouri!

Good for you!

I hope you will be entertaining us all with ongoing info about this haul for some time to come!

Bally

Bally, I didn't think so either. I began my search for a tube type amp or receiver a couple of years ago and felt very lucky to run across a pair of McIntosh MC40 amps and a Sansui 1000A on the same day. I had searched everywhere and these were the first tube anything that I had found.

I still can't believe that I got all of this gear. I used to have a few SS receivers and found over time that I was tired of all the clutter that came with having multiples of gear. I got rid of most of it after I got the MC40s/1000A and have been living happily ever after. And then this deal came along. This is not a complaint.:banana:

As mentioned, with any vintage electronics be sure to use a variac when bringing them up for the first time. Some nice gear here n' there, but from the looks of it many of them will need some type of work (or at least tubes!) to get running good n' solid again.

Good score and enjoy! That mound of amplifiers would keep me busy for a long time.

man, that's great. my garage looks much the same, but *without* the pile of killer old tube gear, boxes of tubes, etc.

great find, congrats on bringing that to yourself. :)

Whew, thought for a second it was what I left behind

Left my ex with:

Mcintosh MC2500
(2) Klpschhorns
Altec 1569a's a pair fully restored
(2) dual 15" Kustom Cabnets with Altec 511 Horn and driver
25 custom racks
3 heathkit A9-cs
2 variacs
a 12" and 10" quad cabinet GIBSON Gold - speakers for guitar
1 mexican strat with noiseless pickups and coffin case
1 lambda Power supply Tube
1 marantz receiver
1 SONY ES CD machine, and a 5 channel ES amp
2 B&W LM1 speakers
1 27" sony TV
1 Samson 120 servo amp (Stereo)
1 EV dual 15" sub
17 boxs of parts: from output transformers to caps; resistors, solder station, custom made amp stands, bases, cut plates and projects in various states of complete

1 samson turntable
350 records
100 cassette tapes

1 Jensen triplex cabinet (mint) mahogany with all the drivers

1 N600 xover Altec
2 Altec 12" 414Z drivers
2 Klipschhorn midrange drivers and crossovers with the latest fiberglass HORN

I had one really bad attorney.
I recv'd cash instead and did not have to move a thing.

I did take all the tubes and all the best amps; 1000 CDs and a lot of cash.

She go stuck having to move/sell all that stuff.

What is comical about these types of stashes, is the owner is clueless.

Honestly; I miss the Khorns and the MC 2500

The altecs were ok.

Great stashload you garnered.

Congrats!

I have a large tube and amp stash yet to get rid of but alas I think I will treasure hunt it out to some folks like you who really like the hunt.

Sorry I am prohibited from giving the name and location of the EX, BUT

If you come across ALTEC 1569as with Blue LCR cap cans or 3 Green Hammertone amps with Mahogany wood stands mint mind you; fully restored or a MC2500 real cheap with only one small chisled out dimple in the right handle; let me know they are mine.

Good gosh what a monument to packrats everywhere.

John

100_1181.jpg

I know one thing for certain, the former owner had horrible taste in Cigars :puke2:

Back
Top Bottom