Pictures of Pets

Teddy likes to wedge himself into tight places beside me while I'm online ...

Bu sadly - he's 15-16 years old (like 80 in people years). He and his "sister" were rescue cats (both Himalayans, not the same liter, we just got them together, and his "sister" passed in the blizzard of 2011). A previous owner declawed them, so they have always been indoor cats, and he's been healthy all his life.

But lately he's gotten pretty wobbly from time to time. He shakes his head like he's dizzy too. If he jumps on the back of Emma's chair, he's likely to get wobbly and fall off. We took him to the vet last week and the Dr did xray$ that showed what may be a tumor near his heart and lungs - & the cancer might have gotten into his brain too. We could find out more info with surgery or a thousand dollar MRI (really, a true CAT scan), but we do have a budget, and we don't want to ruin his quality of life.
He snuggles up to me on the sofa when we watch TV at night and he still runs up and down the stairs to be wherever we are in the house ...
He's still darned independent ...
I'm feeding him mostly wet food now, and Emma squirts 2 syringes of water into his mouth in the evening.Fortunately, he's still peeing and having poops (its real important that he stay hydrated - keep crystals out of his liver).
We don't know how long he has left ... but basically, we just want to pamper him and keep him happy as long as possible.

Teddy1.jpg

Teddy likes to wedge himself into tight places beside me while I'm online ...

Bu sadly - he's 15-16 years old (like 80 in people years). He and his "sister" were rescue cats (both Himalayans, not the same liter, we just got them together, and his "sister" passed in the blizzard of 2011). A previous owner declawed them, so they have always been indoor cats, and he's been healthy all his life.

But lately he's gotten pretty wobbly from time to time. He shakes his head like he's dizzy too. If he jumps on the back of Emma's chair, he's likely to get wobbly and fall off. We took him to the vet last week and the Dr did xray$ that showed what may be a tumor near his heart and lungs - & the cancer might have gotten into his brain too. We could find out more info with surgery or a thousand dollar MRI (really, a true CAT scan), but we do have a budget, and we don't want to ruin his quality of life.
He snuggles up to me on the sofa when we watch TV at night and he still runs up and down the stairs to be wherever we are in the house ...
He's still darned independent ...
I'm feeding him mostly wet food now, and Emma squirts 2 syringes of water into his mouth in the evening.Fortunately, he's still peeing and having poops (its real important that he stay hydrated - keep crystals out of his liver).
We don't know how long he has left ... but basically, we just want to pamper him and keep him happy as long as possible.

View attachment 982454

You're a good soul Heather but we knew that. May the rest of your time together be happy!

May I introduce you to our long term boarder, Zoop. He is in his eighties. We don't know exactly how old he is, but he is at least 83. He has lived beneath our back yard for the better part of 25 years. Our dogs have always considered him to be one of the most interesting things to watch and dance around.

Zoop is a big boy, weighing in at around 15 lbs. He changes his favorite foods year to year, but he is always ready to enjoy a good apple or head of lettuce. He likes bananas, watermelons, various cacti, etc.

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back
Top Bottom