Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

Discussion in 'Wheels, Wings, Mud, and Water' started by Adam, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

Makes an old fanatical mechanic car builder remember so much while I literally lay here with a broken back. My favorite build was putting a 409 in a '64 Nova SS. It was a good build cause a 409 is just a few inches wider than a small block and less than fifty pounds heavier than a 350. For suspension and brakes....everything from a '64 Nova wagon. I creep on the cheap. Yah, a dual quad 427 has 435 hp, a dual quad 409 has 435 at allot less weight and in a late seventies Nova...get out of here ! Putting a small block Ford 351 (from a Ford Ecoline van) UT-10 4-speed (from a Mustang) into a Mercury Comet cause the car holds the road better than a Mustang. Found an ugly '65 Dodge Cornet SS 413 car and slapped the 440 head/tri-power intake combo getting 450hp, the 413 has a forged crank good for an 8000 RPM redline after installing an oil cooler, then the car was so light and handled well....hated selling it !!!

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. freQ(*)Oddio

freQ(*)Oddio Riding Eternal Tracks on a Hot Wired Train . Subscriber

1986.jpg chevelle.jpg chevelle 2.jpg this is my 72 Malibu ive had since 1985

3. grillebilly

grillebilly Empty Head Subscriber

Engine in my '67 Nova. Nothing exotic.

489.jpg

4. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

When I got out of the military in `70, I bought a friend`s `66 Pontiac Grand Prix, it had a 421 HO (High Output, with increased compression, bigger heads, and tri-power, it put out lots of torque). Had a 4-speed, and a 3.42 Posi out back. It was pretty quick for a big boat :) (Wish I still had it, it`s probably worth a small fortune these days)

upload_2017-5-20_20-44-25.png

5. Old Ears too

Old Ears too Active Member

The only new car my folks ever bought was a '59 Pontiac Catalina wagon. FULLY loaded. Had a 389 w/tri-power. Those big Indians could haul the mail even though they were big cars. They also could drink gas like no bodies business too.

grillebilly likes this.
  6. grillebilly

Pic from the track Saturday. Chevelle belongs to a friend who I do the engine machine work for. Blown injected big-block on alcohol.

colonial beach17.jpg

Old Ears too and Cactus Bob like this.
  7. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo New Member

8. grillebilly

9. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo New Member

I like pro street too. I had a 1967 pro street Nova SS but sold it a few years ago. Wish I still had it.

I have a 1964 Nova SS pro street never-ending "project car" that has been sitting in my parents garage in St. Louis for several years now collecting dust that I hope to do something with eventually once I have the chance. I have a nice small block and even nicer big block I could drop in it once I get off my butt and decide to do something with them.

I wouldn't mind having a 66-67 Chevelle pro street someday.

10. grillebilly

Having gobs of power is fun but your '65 is as cool as it gets. I may of not thought that way 30 years ago, but do now.

11. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo New Member

12. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Very nice iron, guys!:thumbsup:

Sold my '68 Camaro SS vert a couple years ago...optioned to the hilt. Miss it now, but wasn't taking in the shows as I did before.

Will share pics when I get the hang of DLing photos.

Now lookin'' for a mid 60's Chevy 1/2 ton, but no queens, but no basket cases either.

Q