Pictures of your computer set ups

Valveglow

I have swapped around a couple of things. I have another larger set up all connected to a computer, but to me, this is my "computer area". Not truly vintage, but not too much is really new either.

I'm looking for ideas to improve the set up. I know the arrangement is odd, but it sounds great!

20140112_101602_zps53904d48.jpg

Probably a little different than what you were expecting....my mobile recording setup:

1381678_10153286756210467_341979547_n.jpg

Hahaha, I don't know why I actually laughed at those maggies.

Do they sound good like that?

Yes they do. Being less efficient than the brighter small monitors, they soften the overall presentation and give sort of an enveloping perspective without the "surround delay stuff". The twin subs deliver the required slam that the desktops and the small Maggies can't.

Insignia NS-B2111's and a Muse TA2020 amp. Sounds plenty good to my ears. I have a little less than $100 into it.

IMG_20110925_231742.jpg

Our computer room: Arcam 8r amp, Cambridge Dacmagic 100, and Audioengine P4 speakers, and a Velodyne VRP-12 powered sub.

icjkgo.jpg

14n2tn9.jpg

Valveglow: Cool looking setup you have there. Looks like it would sound great. I really like the look of the Maggies and subs.

Our computer room: Arcam 8r amp, Cambridge Dacmagic 100, and Audioengine P4 speakers, and a Velodyne VRP-12 powered sub.

icjkgo.jpg

14n2tn9.jpg

Valveglow: Cool looking setup you have there. Looks like it would sound great. I really like the look of the Maggies and subs.

Thanks! Actually, I like your set up. Very nice desk (mine is really low end) and arrangement. Then there's that DAC I always wonder about getting.

The subs represent a 4 ohm load, work at 50 HZ and under, and are fed by a Crown XTI 2000 bridged in mono for 2,000 Watts. For some reason, the manual says that if you run out of both outputs while bridged, you get an extra 6db. Normally, I would run only one output when bridged, but let me tell you, it works!

The Maggies were my wife's find at a church yard sale. They were two dollars and fifty cents apiece. And wouldn't you know it...the fuses were blown in both speakers, so I had to almost double my investment to get them running!

1984 Macintosh

attachment.php

Wow. Memories.

I actually bought a that model used Mac in 1995ish to run a Ham Radio Packet Station I had back then. It finally burned out in 2000. I wish I had not tossed it. It was probably just the power supply. Thanks for posting!

Great thread and nice pics so far. That Mac is awesome. We spend a lot of time on the main floor instead of being in the basement after having our baby a year ago so I have been working on a computer setup for the main floor.

Attachments

• 20140112_190827.jpg
    20140112_190827.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 437
Great thread and nice pics so far. That Mac is awesome. We spend a lot of time on the main floor instead of being in the basement after having our baby a year ago so I have been working on a computer setup for the main floor.

That set up, especially with those speakers, looks amazing!

Thanks! Actually, I like your set up. Very nice desk (mine is really low end) and arrangement. Then there's that DAC I always wonder about getting.

I picked up the Cambridge used, being my first dac ever I had nothing to compare it to but I'm pleased with the sound. I also recently picked up a GF TubeDac-09 and would rank them pretty even. Both were used, and picked them up for $150 each. Great value in my mind.
I

Back
Top Bottom