Pictures of your computer set ups

100_1327.JPG

It's messy and my photo skills leave something to be desired but it gets most of it at least.
iFi Nano going to a Sony TA-F700ES to Infinity RS-2001's with updated tweeters. I can stick my nose right into the screen and stay in the middle of the musical image. That's the top of an Infinity sub at the bottom. This has proven to be a very synergistic combo and now it's time to clean things up. I didn't intend to keep the Sony there but it's worked so well I'm not willing to move it now.

JCWxhzE.jpg

IIghE3A.jpg

o6iiQ37.jpg

S.O. and I just moved into our first place in Febuary. The office is especially a work in progress as she scraps a very terribly applied layer of paint off of the wall so that we can primer and repaint. It's an adhock storage space and construction zone but at least I can dick around the computer/do homework and listen to music and podcasts :D

A small change for the better...
Desktop-Qe-2.jpg

Desktop-Qe-1.jpg

I had a chance to get these Qe's that looked as close to showroom as I've ever seen and thought I'd give them a try. After numerous different moves, finally reorganizing the cable mess, and finding the right placement within such limited confines these little brutes really shine. The EMIT's look brand new, flat ribbons, and as shiny as I've ever seen. There's a little tape residue on one of the woofers and the grills are that horrible brown. I might have to make some new grills with black grill cloth. Then all the gear would match. I do know this the Qe's really love the power the Sony gives them and play way above their pay grade. Loving this setup!

Thought I would post my room again because I have moved into a much smaller place in the country. I also finally upgraded my PC. I had not built a new unit in 6 years and it was beginning to become obvious. So while not completely how I want it here it is in it's present stage.... Also I hate seeing no action in this thread because I love seeing all your fine work/play rooms
P5130981.JPG P5130979.JPG P5130977.JPG P4020972.JPG P5130973.JPG .P5130987.JPG P5130984.JPG

just updated my computer setup, sold my kef reference 102s

monitor audio gold pmc 702 bookshelfs
lexicon cp2 preamp
hafler p7000
crown cp660 bridged to power passive paradigm subwoofer
source- pc playing lossless through a fiio e10k USB-SPDIF into a yamaha DDP-1 dac

FTBc7HO.jpg

PLpbCER.jpg

Desk system for the computer. First system I've ever had on the computer which I can listen to for hours without fatigue. TubeCube|7 amp fed by a Cambridge DacMagic. Speakers are Bostons (not sure of the model), and the sub is the 6½" Dayton powered, under the desk. Source is the JRiver player fed by the network music server located in the basement.

IMG_20150417_153813.jpg

Desk system for the computer. First system I've ever had on the computer which I can listen to for hours without fatigue. TubeCube|7 amp fed by a Cambridge DacMagic. Speakers are Bostons (not sure of the model), and the sub is the 6½" Dayton powered, under the desk. Source is the JRiver player fed by the network music server located in the basement.

View attachment 730756
Those are smaller Boston CR series - they look like CR55s. Nice speakers - I like the sound of their bigger brothers, the 75s and 85s, which I use/have used in my own computer setup.

Those are smaller Boston CR series - they look like CR55s. Nice speakers - I like the sound of their bigger brothers, the 75s and 85s, which I use/have used in my own computer setup.
They probably are the CR55s. I got these because they fit the side shelves perfectly on the desk. I had thought of the older Boston HD5s but wanted something a little larger (and these do sound nicer). The only drawback is that these have a nasty 125Hz resonance peak (which I found when playing these in my main system), but I plan on adding an internal brace and/or seeing if there is any "stuffing" inside, both of which will tame it. Otherwise I like how balanced they sound, and they throw a decent image being where they are located.

Wow. Does that ever look slick!

Mac mini with player software "pure music", Gustard U-12 USB-Interface, stello DA-100 signature DAC, Funk Tonstudiotechnik LAP-1 preamp and Klein & Hummel O98 active speakers......

Back
Top Bottom