Pictures of your Town

that's a beautifull place you live, can you imagine I haven't placed a foot in a wood in the last 10 years or so.

Cupertino Crossroads, Cali & Bros. Feed & Grain. c.1930s

crossroads30.gif

Cupertino Crossroads, now Cali Mill Plaza 2007. The building in the back used to be Apple Computer's headquarters, now part of the Cupertino City Center.

crossroads07.jpg

Fremont Older Open Space Preserve/Silicon Valley. My backyard, is at the base of these hills and about 4 miles from the Crossroads. You can see San Jose downtown in the distance.

FremontOlder.jpg

Not often that clear in San Jose. We lived in Milpitas, just at the edge of the foothills (a few hundred yards from the Hayward Fault) when we lived out there.

Brings back memories.

This looking directly east from the office, which is located about a mile from the center of town. I thought the nearly continuous line of palm trees was interesting.

Murray

Attachments

• palm trees.jpg
    palm trees.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 34
Dial-up Users Beware

Assorted shots from around town. Some of the shots include a local legend and landmark called The Sleeping Giant. Google it, it's really cool :)

IMG_0740.jpg

The Sleeping Giant

1DSC00916.jpg
[

IMG_0738-1.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

I wish I could share a cool shot of Sioux City Iowa..... but it would probably be me parked in front of my stereo!

;)

Matt

I really like your palm tree shot, we don't get many of those around here ;)
Thanks. I just snapped that about 45 minutes ago when it was (and still is) 115 F outside. Yeah, probably not very many palm trees up there in the cold country. :p:

Murray

Not to derail this thread as there are some fantastic pictures here, but could someone tell me why I'm only seeing some of the pictures? I see the ones on the last page from Broonsbane and Onepixel but I don't see most of the rest. I've checked and I can't find anything going on here. Browser is usually Opera but I tried in Explorer also and no difference. Images are turned on in my profile (or I couldn't see the pics that I can).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to see the rest. Like I said, I don't want to derail so please reply via PM if you can help and we'll keep this on topic.

Thanks!
Ray

And just to show I want to stay on topic, here's one from me. I don't have a town. It's about 3 miles to a town of ~50 people, 7 to the nearest gas station/general store, and 25 to the nearest real grocery store. This is off my back deck at sunrise.
pond%20sunrise.jpg

Not to derail this thread as there are some fantastic pictures here, but could someone tell me why I'm only seeing some of the pictures? I see the ones on the last page from Broonsbane and Onepixel but I don't see most of the rest. I've checked and I can't find anything going on here. Browser is usually Opera but I tried in Explorer also and no difference. Images are turned on in my profile (or I couldn't see the pics that I can).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to see the rest. Like I said, I don't want to derail so please reply via PM if you can help and we'll keep this on topic.

Thanks!
Ray

Ray:

It's not a problem with you or your computer. Sometime in the past and I don't recall exactly when, many pictures from older threads were lost. Seems like it was some kind of server problem or something that caused it.

Terry

Ray, there are thumbnails posted by Telecolor, Murray and Meggy. 1, 1 and 2. Plus the links posted by Carl and BB.

BTW, nice pic of your pond. Baptismals?

Murray

Edit: What Terry said. I thought Ray meant just on this page.

Back
Top Bottom