Pictures of your Town

It's not a problem with you or your computer. Sometime in the past and I don't recall exactly when, many pictures from older threads were lost. Seems like it was some kind of server problem or something that caused it.

Ah, thanks Terry. I hadn't even looked at the dates and put them together with the missing pictures.

BTW, nice pic of your pond. Baptismals?

Thanks. I don't know if you'd want to do a Baptism in that particular pond. It's built on the side of a hill and the bank goes almost straight down. It's 35' deep. You can walk out about 6' and you're neck deep. Another step and you're swimming. However, you can dive off the pier without fear of breaking your neck. At least on the bottom. If you hit one of the catfish you might get hurt.

Ray

Monterey, California. This picture looking toward down town Monterey was taken near my home.
Relax.jpg

This photo shows the plaza near the wharf. One of the many car events during the year:
MontereyPlaza.jpg

Here are a few shots of Kent, OH, where I live now. Not a place that's easy to make look scenic. I took these photos to be used for the web site of my wife's research group some time ago.

Downtown-Kent-1.jpg

Kent-Student-Housing-1.jpg

Downtown-Kent-2.jpg

This is the village in Germany where I come from originally. This picture was actually taken by my Dad in the 1960s using a Dacora Super Dignette rangefinder - a camera I later dropped, which my Dad is trying to forgive, but will never forget :D

3105056-md.jpg

And since the images of Sydney by the OP are no longer visible, here are some of my own favorite shots of Sydney.

340596-md.jpg

340602-md.jpg

340603-md.jpg

I never actually lived in Sydney, but used to live in Canberra, which is close by Australian standards. Oh heck, since we are at it, here is a shot of that place too :D

3105044-md.jpg

nice shot of camelback, megs. i've been up and down it many times over the years.

Thanks. That's my refuge. I estimate I've made the trip a good 2000 times. Been pretty much over every inch of that mountain.

Wow! What a view from the pool.:thmbsp:

Thank you. We got really lucky in finding the house and we re-did the pool. We're exactly 1 mile from the mountain. You know who we bought the house from? The daughter of the owner of the Arizona Cardinals. What's really weird is she also had two dobermans (just like us).

more info than anyone wanted, but WTH.

.....really nice shots, FMueller....did you compensate the exposure for the night shots?.....

The night I took those three shots I went through at least three rolls of film in the Circular Quay area in Sydney. The place around the famous opera house is just magic for night shots! I bracketed exposure to make sure I got my shots, but curiously the camera's automatic exposure was spot on in all cases! I was using my trusty old Minolta XD-7 that night - my favorite, and most used camera for many, many years. Since I got my Canon Digital Rebel XT it's collecting dust, but slide film is just too expensive and scanning it is a royal PITA :sigh:

Here is another night shot taken with the XD-7 and MD 50mm 1.4 lens. It shows the Houses of Parliament in London. I had no tripod on that trip, so I propped up the camera with tissues on the wall of the Thames embankment, f=1.4, A-mode, no exposure compensation.

746623-md.jpg

Frank

We're about a mile from "town", which is essentially a Post Office, a Church, a Bed 'n' Breakfast, and a scrapbooking store. We're about 8 miles from the "city", which is about 22,000 people unless the University is populated, in that case it's about 44,000 people. Not what we're used to in NYC, which is a good thing.

Here's the view from our front deck, and then the reverse view from the Blue Ridge down towards the valley. The pale blue hump on the horizon over the passenger seat of the bike is the hill we live on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

je

Attachments

• JJ905deckview13 (Medium).jpg
    JJ905deckview13 (Medium).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 79
That first shot with the view from your deck is beautiful, Fred! Just wants to make me sit on that deck and enjoy some fresh bread rolls with jam and a good cup of coffee! :yes:

Some classical music would be nice with that - maybe Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons'! Have you got some nice outdoor speakers installed on that deck, or do you wheel you main rig out for those occasions? :D

Frank

That first shot with the view from your deck is beautiful, Fred! Just wants to make me sit on that deck and enjoy some fresh bread rolls with jam and a good cup of coffee! :yes:

Some classical music would be nice with that - maybe Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons'! Have you got some nice outdoor speakers installed on that deck, or do you wheel you main rig out for those occasions? :D

Frank

Thanks, that view was certainly a selling point. My living room windows are right there, and you can easily hear my bi-amped JBL 4333As from the deck...

Only the local systems are up, the house system is still under way. Front deck will likely get a nice NIB pair of Sonance Mariners, rear deck has some KLH now but will probably get four Canton Patio 160s. Lots of work still to do on the house wiring & system programming.

je

Thanks. That's my refuge. I estimate I've made the trip a good 2000 times. Been pretty much over every inch of that mountain.

Thank you. We got really lucky in finding the house and we re-did the pool. We're exactly 1 mile from the mountain. You know who we bought the house from? The daughter of the owner of the Arizona Cardinals. What's really weird is she also had two dobermans (just like us).

more info than anyone wanted, but WTH.

Must be nice living with a view like that:scratch2:
I only see things like that if I get the expensive room when on vacation!
My avatar is a good example of what my view was a good part of my life.

Great pic there, poo. The dark blue sky contrasting with the green/blue water is neato.

Murray.

Man, now I'm gonna have to go drop a Buffett disc in the player.

"water so green and the air was so clean he just stuck right to his task. Havana daydreaming...oh he's just dreamin...his life away"

Ray

In contrast to the water so green..., here's a pic of some desert energy production. This is looking northwest, about 1/2 mile south of I-10.

For perspective, the dark area in the front of the building that is behind the generator in the center, is about 7' high.

I just snapped this pic this morning.

Murray

Attachments

• generator-1.jpg
    generator-1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom