Pink Floyd DSOTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know how the 2016 remaster compares to an original pressing. Reason I ask is that I have an original,3rd pressing from about 1977. Have had it since I was about 14 or 15. It is beginning to show its age. Have plenty of record stores in my area that deal in used vinyl, however all used copies are in worse shape than mine and come at a premium price. Am not interested in the Mofi reissue that came out in the 80’s .

The old USA pressings are lacking in really quiet noise floor, though they sound good. The 2016 is highly rated by people who's ears I trust.

Perhaps you should understand that I may have something to bring to the table.....that you are not the sole purveyor of vinyl knowledge?
I know I'm not, but I stated something I know about, you commented in direct opposite of what I just said as truth or I would not have posted it. All the while saying you haven't owned what you want to dispute. I corrected you again stating facts, you quote me questioning my knowledge and and what other sites say, because you have no hands on knowledge.

:wtf:
Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why does Dan keep coming at me like this? Come on Dude I get along with everyone, I can even get alone with you maybe, but somethings got to change. And it's not you knowledge of records.

Listening now to my UK pressing from 1997ish? And It is really really quiet pressing, so the dynamics and transients really shine on this one. Much better than my original.

@Slick Willie is the UK pressing you mentioned in post #11?

40414330650_2e2ca2c373_k.jpg

40414330660_14e1f4927e_h.jpg

Athanasios

I have an early US (need to double check), a 30th, a 2011, a 2016 (BG both sides) in the rack and Japan first press & pro-use on the way. Will do a shootout once the JPN pressings arrive. As many remark, there aren't really any bad versions just variations subject to taste. The 2016 is nice and trouble free.

Listening now to my UK pressing from 1997ish? And It is really really quiet pressing, so the dynamics and transients really shine on this one. Much better than my original.

@Slick Willie is the UK pressing you mentioned in post #11?

40414330650_2e2ca2c373_k.jpg

40414330660_14e1f4927e_h.jpg

Athanasios

No, the one I mentioned is an A3/B3 press, a third issue. Keeping in mind that 2nd issues also used these plates.
What you pictured is a much later press that I would imagine has a detailed yet somewhat bright presentation?
Cool to see one pictured, I have only seen those on Discogs.
:rockon:

Yeah But

This was taken 3 years ago, I think it's doubled by now and I moved some of the used records on. Maybe it's time for another family photo?

View attachment 1191877 View attachment 1191879 View attachment 1191880

Impressive! Seems I'm not the only PF....let's call it ....enthusiast!!!!
Some questions:
On Meddle, do you have the Abbey and non Abbey cut first issues? What's your fav?
On DB, I did a shootout recently with the original/new vinyl/ and original CD. Have you tried that?

No, the one I mentioned is an A3/B3 press, a third issue. Keeping in mind that 2nd issues also used these plates.
What you pictured is a much later press that I would imagine has a detailed yet somewhat bright presentation?
Cool to see one pictured, I have only seen those on Discogs.
:rockon:

It is detailed but not bright. Id say its just right, but could use a bit more bass. Not much just a dash more ;)

Nashou

On DB, I did a shootout recently with the original/new vinyl/ and original CD.
No and for the life of me I can't conceive why one would need to do that.

Impressive! Seems I'm not the only PF....let's call it ....enthusiast!!!!
It is time for new family photos

IMG_0735.jpg IMG_0736.jpg IMG_0737.jpg IMG_0738.jpg

But it looks like I'll need to get the SLR out with a wide angle, but even then I don't think the living room floor will be enough room as I still have stacks of new and old records.

IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0741.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom