Pink Floyd DSOTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to buy the new release and compare it to my original first pressing copy. Bought it new and still have it in mint condition.

I own the 2003 30th Anniversary edition (SHVL 804). Mastered By – Doug Sax, Kevin Gray

Bought it new back in 03 .. sounds fabulous to my ears. The better my Vinyl front end/speakers have gotten over the years .. the better this record has sounded.

R-457025-1383082952-3034.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I own the 2003 30th Anniversary edition (SHVL 804). Mastered By – Doug Sax, Kevin Gray

Bought it new back in 03 .. sounds fabulous to my ears. The better my Vinyl front end/speakers have gotten over the years .. the better this record has sounded.

R-457025-1383082952-3034.jpeg.jpg

Nice.
Seems those are now bringing around $50ish on Discogs for a nice copy.
Along with the MoFi perhaps one of the more controversial pressings? Seems folks run hot/cold on it.

Nice.
Seems those are now bringing around $50ish on Discogs for a nice copy.
Along with the MoFi perhaps one of the more controversial pressings? Seems folks run hot/cold on it.

In my case … nothing to compare it too. Use to have an old pressing (Vg+) some years ago but that's long since gone.

Might be worth watching the records stores. Last hunting trip I was seeing some used (new) pressing records. Never seen so many before. This would make sense with the baby boomers getting up in years.

In my case … nothing to compare it too. Use to have an old pressing (Vg+) some years ago but that's long since gone.

Might be worth watching the records stores. Last hunting trip I was seeing some used (new) pressing records. Never seen so many before. This would make sense with the baby boomers getting up in years.

Sad but true.

Sorry that I started a heated debate between 4-2-7 and Slick Willie. Went to my local record store this afternoon,picked up the 2016 remaster. Will listen to it later this evening and report my findings in What Record Are You Hearing. Please consider this thread closed..

Went to my local record store this afternoon,picked up the 2016 remaster. Will listen to it later this evening and report my findings in What Record Are You Hearing.

And you will be happy with that records SQ. Play it a few times before judging as the new groves will get polished.

Sorry that I started a heated debate between 4-2-7 and Slick Willie. Went to my local record store this afternoon,picked up the 2016 remaster. Will listen to it later this evening and report my findings in What Record Are You Hearing. Please consider this thread closed..

You are not to blame - that is on 427 and I.
Close if you choose, but I will not contribute to the debacle any more.
My apologies for my contributions to what happened.
Rock on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom