• Roger Waters

Votes: 49 12.7%
  • I don't like Pink Floyd!

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Who's Pink Floyd?

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Undecided, I like both Equally

Votes: 75 19.5%
  • What's Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett?

Votes: 31 8.1%

• Total voters
I whole-heartedly agree that the best Pink Floyd was when Gilmour and Waters were equal driving forces in the band.

That said, for me it's no contest at all: I prefer both the Gilmour led PF and "solo" Gilmour albums to "Final Cut" and Roger Waters solo albums, exponentially. FC is a very weak album. I almost never play it. I play Momentary Lapse and Division Bell quite frequently. Both are excellent.

I saw Gilmour's tour this year - the guy still has it, big time. It was a fantastic show.
Gilmour is an amazing man and at the age of 70, still pulls it off big time! Additionally, he doesn't have an ego that hits you 3 blocks away.

They were equals in a ground breaking band... that Syd started!!!
That's why I have all the vote options. However, I don't think Floyd would have ever excelled to the status level they have without the introduction of Gilmour. Syd took way too much LSD and fried his brain. At least they dedicated an entire album to Syd: Wish You Were Here.

Fair enough,,, well, Gilmour is a much better guitar player than Waters is a bass player... Waters wrote most of the songs, giving some credit to the other members,, at times... They both now tour individually, with Gilmour playing some new stuff others have written or helped him write, Waters tours with PF standards... However, I don't own any of their solo albums, but I may be persuaded to see them if they played together and included Nick...

As the thread title states,,, Pink Floyd... who's your favorite... I vote for Pink Floyd, as it wouldn't have been without both of them,,, and Syd!

Would we know either of them without Pink Floyd?

Fair enough,,, well, Gilmour is a much better guitar player than Waters is a bass player... Waters wrote most of the songs, giving some credit to the other members,, at times... They both now tour individually, with Gilmour playing some new stuff others have written or helped him write, Waters tours with PF standards... However, I don't own any of their solo albums, but I may be persuaded to see them if they played together and included Nick...

As the thread title states,,, Pink Floyd... who's your favorite... I vote for Pink Floyd, as it wouldn't have been without both of them,,, and Syd!

Would we know either of them without Pink Floyd?
True, without Syd, probably never would have been a Pink Floyd. I like Gilmour's Solo Albums: Rattle That Lock, On and Island - these I can both recommend.

Well my DiL is always asking me what I want for presents,,, I'll mention those two!! Gotta add Amused to Death and Hitchiking also, just to be fair, I guess!!!

I'll revisit this thread after the holidays, if I'm lucky!

Well my DiL is always asking me what I want for presents,,, I'll mention those two!! Gotta add Amused to Death and Hitchiking also, just to be fair, I guess!!!

I'll revisit this thread after the holidays, if I'm lucky!
Cool Avitar by the way, great Album Dogs, Pigs, Sheep all classics!

Thanks,,, I kinda like Pink Floyd, and I'm a retired electrician,,, it all fits together!
When that Album first came out on January 23, 1977, I must've listened to it everyday, 2x day for a year straight. Darn near wore the record out! Was just a wee 13 years old.. did the Same with Dark side on March 1, 1973 when I was just 9 years old...My parents had no idea what I was listening to....Zeppelin, Floyd, to name a couple....

David Gilmour any day. Roger Waters seems to get more pretentious every year. I wonder what they would sound like with a better bass player?

Lee.

David Gilmour any day. Roger Waters seems to get more pretentious every year. I wonder what they would sound like with a better bass player?

Lee.
It is better. The younger guy that played bass when I saw them live in 1994 was every bit as good or better than Waters and he didn't have the ego.

I don't have mine either,the one in the pic is my brothers.
I went with my 4 brothers and a couple friends,in my brothers limo.
A BUNCH of beer,blackberry brandy and some Hawaiian,damn that was fun.
Sounds like the perfect recipe for a Floyd concert! ;)

To be honest I didn't really like their sound in the early days when Syd was in the band, obviously Gilmour had some influence on the sound of the band. I've always preferred Davids voice over Rogers.
Ditto that. Although, I'm in agreement with the other AK member that stated there would not even of been a Pink Floyd without Syd. Like you I like Floyd from David/Roger unwards, and then Floyd with David over Waters Solo stuff. Davids solo stuff is great.

Ditto that. Although, I'm in agreement with the other AK member that stated there would not even of been a Pink Floyd without Syd. Like you I like Floyd from David/Roger unwards, and then Floyd with David over Waters Solo stuff. Davids solo stuff is great.

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom