• Roger Waters

Votes: 49 12.8%
  • I don't like Pink Floyd!

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Who's Pink Floyd?

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Undecided, I like both Equally

Votes: 75 19.5%
  • What's Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett?

Votes: 30 7.8%

• Total voters
Rogers wall tour is topshelf for sure! one day pink Floyd will be like lynard skynard one original member..................... but I have my memories when I was young eating little square pieces of paper and jamming on Floyd all night long! pink Floyd will always have a place in my heart!

I went back and forth on this one, but came down on undecided. Waters wrote more of the music I like, but Gilmore is an amazing guitarist and shares writing credit on most of my favorite PF tunes. I will just call it a draw because both were better side by side (IMO).

David Gilmour is one of the best guitar players in the world when he plays you know right away who it is! Rodger Waters STAND STILL LADDY! Im with Memphis Tiger! side by side! :beatnik:

I like both. I almost picked Syd Barrett, but my favorite Floyd song is Shine On You Crazy Diamond. So I figured since that song is about Syd, it covers all three.

I know this thread has a been around but some of us newer members just found it and are Floyds freaks.
There’s no correct answer to the poll.
All made the sound.
Syd the originator.
Waters had to get it out.
David made it beautiful.
Wright wove it all together.
And Mr. Mason gave it a heart.

Personally I don’t think Mr. Wright ever got the credit he deserved.

I just cant make that choice, I love it all.

With all due respect, do you really expect us to swallow this tripe??!
OK. Pink Floyd with Barrett is the best of the 1960's. He's right there with John Lennon circa Revolver / Sgt. Pepper. And maybe better. Conversely Pink Floyd without Barrett is the worst of the 1970's. Bloated. Plodding. Pretentious. Dull. Instead of competing with the Beatles, they competed with Supertramp.

All made the sound.
Sure there is. The poll isn't who was the best or most important, it's who is your favorite. Everyone on the site could disagree with your choice and you'd still be right because you are the only one that can decide your favorite.

I see your point. I was defending the whole package not answering the question.
Then in answer to the original question.
Gilmore
Can’t get enough of that guitar.

Last edited:
I see your point. I was defending the whole package not answering the question.
Then in answer to the original question.
Gilmore
Can’t get enough of that guitar.
Boy are you wrong!
tenor.gif

Waters is one of the finest lyricist ever. His melodies are horrible, totally fogetable, and boring. He's also an egotistical bully and I've no idea how they kept that band together as long as they did.

David Gilmour is IMHO one of the top 10 guitarist on the planet. Instantly recognizable tone both on electric and acoustic. His slide playing will melt your face. His sense of melody is beautiful and with Rick Wright was the sound. His lyrics are only fair on a good day and he'd be the first to admit it.

The combination of the each made the whole.

Voted Like both equally.

Leaving RW's personality aside due to talent and musicianship being the question, I like Pink Floyd with both Waters and Gilmour and I don't like Pink Floyd as much without Waters.

For me, it doesn't get any better than Wish You Were Here.

Waters is one of the finest lyricist ever. His melodies are horrible, totally fogetable, and boring. He's also an egotistical bully and I've no idea how they kept that band together as long as they did.

David Gilmour is IMHO one of the top 10 guitarist on the planet. Instantly recognizable tone both on electric and acoustic. His slide playing will melt your face. His sense of melody is beautiful and with Rick Wright was the sound. His lyrics are only fair on a good day and he'd be the first to admit it.

The combination of the each made the whole.

I second that.

I would rather listen to seals bark for the rest of my life than hear 5 more minutes of Rodger Waters voice, but what he does with a pen is golden. But as a person he is a complete a$$ and he needs to get over himself! I have had my fill of his "Mr Scary" voice and it got very old on "The Wall." And no one except the brainwashed even mention his complete lack of talent with a 4 string!

Gilmour is the man at the microphone and with a Strat in his hands. He is magic with those 6 strings, I only wish I could play as well as him. The lead work on Momentary Lapse of Reason to me are priceless and I could listen to an album filled with only those riffs to be honest.

Eddie Van Halen said that Gary Moore was one of the best he ever heard because he could impact your emotions with how he played. He could make you happy or sad with his instrument. As a guitar player myself, I agree EVH about Gary Moore RIP and feel the very same way about David Gilmour.

Last edited:
I know this thread has a been around but some of us newer members just found it and are Floyds freaks.
All made the sound.
Syd the originator.
Waters had to get it out.
David made it beautiful.
Wright wove it all together.
And Mr. Mason gave it a heart.

You sir are wise indeed! And also correct.

Back
Top Bottom