Pinterest table

tonyk

My daughter asked me and her husband to take a stab at a couple of projects she found on Pinterest. I was a bit skeptical at first, but these were a couple of really easy projects. They seem to be drawn in CAD as the measurements are spot on. Cheap too.

First up is the $11 bench. Yep, it's exactly $11 in 2x4's minus your labor and screws. This what we started with. Sorry for the crappy pic.
This bench is sturdy as can be.

WP_20170306_012.jpg

Then she asked us to make this farm house table, it's about $70 in materials. Whaddya guys think?

WP_20170306_011.jpg IMG_0725.JPG

Last edited:
I sure hope that the wood for the top was dry, otherwise it will warp and/or twist. Construction grade lumber is pretty wet. Are the boards of the top edge glued into one single panel ? I assume they are , because that is quite a distance for those outside pieces to be strung out with only support on the ends. But then you didn't show us what the underside looks like so you might have that taken care of. Your German Shepard has eyes that will keep anyone from stealing it for sure. I know these are popular right now, I had a nephew call and pick my brain ( slim pickings ) before he made one for his family. I hope she likes it.

The boards on top are just laying up there in that pic, they're gonna get glued and clamped together into one panel.

When someone as wonderful as my daughter asks you and her husband if you can build her something, you get the chop saw and Dewalt out and start building, just to see the smile on her face. It was a fun and easy project.

She loves it.

That looks like a fun project and a great way to make your daughter happy and spend some time with your son in law. I also think it's a nice looking out of the ordinary table to; kudos to you:thumbsup:

Daughters are like that aren't they? I have one just like yours. Please put up some pictures when it is finished. I apologize if I came off too negative in my first post, I always play the devils advocate with my daughters ideas and I have seen how crazy wood moves sometimes. Fun and easy projects are the best.

Back
Top Bottom