1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer 1000A current in-rush placement

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by gkargreen, Oct 7, 2018.

1. gkargreen

gkargreen Active Member

Hi all techs, I am nearing the finish line on this receiver, on the bench the sound is startling clear on this unit, I had heard that they have very good sound. At any rate, the turn-on current is pretty high, no doubt due to the voltage doubler diode rectification, and am thinking of putting in a CL-80 or the like, sounds like a good idea? From what I see on he schematic it looks like the place to put it is the 0v line of the PT next to the .005 uf cap (C149), which I am thinking is a "death cap", to be replaced with an XY cap. If anyone whose has worked on these have any other suggestions, please let me now. Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

There are 5-7 different manuals, with 4-5 different power supply setups. 1 voltage, 2 voltage, 4 voltage, Round or Rectangular change block, Single, Dual or Quad Bias setup. We need this info to determine which schematic is closest to your physical unit. I know, I know....Most of the 1000A is identical from Early to Late, but the devil is in the details. Serial # (if known can narrow it down some but it's limited in scope). So get all that for me and I'll dig into the scats. Just off the top of my head, I put the CL-80 on the side that went to the switch, on my 1000A.

3. larryderouin

BTW. WRITE on the BLACKBOARD 1000 times. "My 1000A is a SANSUI, NOT A PIONEER!" :bigok::bigok::bigok:

I LIKE MUSIC likes this.
  4. gkargreen

gkargreen Active Member

Damn, I keep getting this mixed up with the Pioneer that I fixed up! Thanks, Larry, the serial number is 17021410, hope that helps!

5. larryderouin

Line 1, 1967, Feb, 1,410th off the line that month.

Put it ideally between the plug and CO1 BEFORE THE SWITCH! Or you can put it in the same side past CO2, It'll still slow down surge past it but CO1 and CO2 should get full voltage now. C149 is to be replaced with an X-Y type.

6. gkargreen

gkargreen Active Member

Thanks Larry!

Please register to disable this ad.