Pioneer BDP-51FD for CD Playback -Thoughts/Opinions?

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Found one of these units(Made in Japan version) at a local GW. Almost looks like a Elite model. I know it is not a SACD player but most of my CD's are standard redbook any way. So far it sounds pretty good and I am thinking of adding it to my system and just use the Pioneer Elite 45A for SACD playback. Anyone have any experience with these models that thinks adding 51FD is just overkill?

Found one of these units(Made in Japan version) at a local GW. Almost looks like a Elite model. I know it is not a SACD player but most of my CD's are standard redbook any way. So far it sounds pretty good and I am thinking of adding it to my system and just use the Pioneer Elite 45A for SACD playback. Anyone have any experience with these models that thinks adding 51FD is just overkill?
What would be gained over just using the Elite 45A for redbook & SACD playback? Just asking. :dunno:

After A/B them with several titles I am going to keep both in my system. While both are good players the 51FD has a bit more depth and a better lower end than the 45A. The 45A works very well as a SACD/DVD-A player and I will use it for my small SACD/DVD-A collection. Very happy finding both of them in the local thrifts!

Back
Top Bottom