Pioneer CB-05 rack system?

No, I haven't called back on it, it's a good haul from here to go get it. I spent some $$$ yesterday that I was gonna use towards it. Between that and what the fuel would cost, I think I'm gonna have to let it go. Kinda bummed, it's a rare piece of Pioneer, doesn't seem to have ever been sold in the US...

Pioneer CB-05 'Studio Boy' system

Hello ya'll, new member here.
I was surprised to discover this thread about the Studio boy system. I happen to have the very one that Dr. Strangelove posted the image of. As far as I know from research this was never sold in America due to the high price but a lot were printed in English and sold in Asia. Any units here were most probably shipped in by military as mine was. Mine is complete except for the missing head phones and the vertical album rack. Very collectable and rare, leaving country and can not ship, any one interested in giving this Pioneer jewel a good home?

I just picked up a CB-05 yesterday for $25, minus speakers. Powered up and got sound from tuner. Cassette and TT need work. Weekend project. Shot of backside.

20170613_084002.jpg

The Bottom Left Panel is a Jack Panel it has 3 Line Ins for Microphones or Guitars. and a Headphone Jack. This setup is a Recording Studio. The last Recording Cassette Deck to Sell on EBay went for over $700. That was just the Cassette Deck. I got this system myself except No Speaker Stands and my Speakers are the CS-905 Speakers (300 Watt 4 Way 5 Speakers In each One)
The SA-905 Amplifier is a Mixing Amp that is Connected to the Jacks on the lower left of the Rack which controls the Mic, guitar and line inputs.
The Set-Up was Sold Only in Japan and Dubbed
Pioneer Studio Boy Project S101.
It’s a Great Set Up and Completely Functioning Recording Studio.

I got mine at a Local GoodWill Store for $179.
My only issue is the Turntable won’t open. It’s stuck right where it’s at but it does power up.

I have this system and I bought it new in 1982. I was in Athens Greece. Airforce. I've recorded on it for years. It works great. I had to change the belts once in a while, but the system works well as long as I use it. She cries when I leave her alone for too long. lol

Back
Top Bottom