Pioneer CS-88A midrange wanted

TBL_HK

I'm a newbie in the realm of old HiFi and have just found out how good sounding the olde Sansui's and Pioneer's speakers were and decided to find a pair. BTW I live in Hong Kong, China, where everything Japanese has had great impact on the economy coz their commdities were too good to miss in the 60-90's.

Yes, I just bought a CS-88A that turned out to be kinda rip-off. The seller was not honest enough to tell me what was wrong with them when I was auditioning them. The seller was using his 9090DB to drive this pair - great soundman! I carefully listened to the speakers and even lightly touched every driver to determine which one was wrong. I knew that a mid or most pprabably a tweet was out of phase - the tweets were re-foamed at some time of their lives by a pevious owner. Not bad, given cosmetically the veneer only needed sanding and re-painting of some sort of lacquer.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I exchanged HK$500 for this pair in below average condition coz I thought they sounded good. Until I got home and pinpointed the exact tweet in out-phased condition, and while I was there doing the re-wiring, I thought I should pursue to find out why the heck one speaker was always sounding less loud than the other.

And so here I am asking if any of you might have a spare pc of the midrage for my CS-88A, yes the ones with the outside mounted drivers.

Pls email me or leave a msg here if help is possible.

More to the thing with pix later.

Hi,
A guy here in Ann Arbor, MI is selling a whole pair for $69;
"Pioneer CS88. $69 pr. 734-461-9855"
I don't know the seller, just saw his ad!!

I just bid for a pair at ebay for US$11.99 plus shipping. Price is OK.

To dgwojo,

The asking price of US$69.99 sounds right to me but if you have to add shipping costs, remember they weigh over 50lbs each when packed, and the shipping costs might mean just more $$$$ than the speakers themselves.

You could just ask him to gut the cabs, and ship drivers and XO's only. That would cut down on the shipping costs.

Back
Top Bottom