Pioneer CS-A500 3 way Speakers

Hello Jim,
I have one Pioneer CS 500 G, serial number CK-VDO7243. I realize that your speakers
are CS A 500 but from your pix they are identical in this respect i.e. closed box with
the same driver configuration and frequency level control--tan colored paper for the
cones and the surrounds are of a tightly woven tan cloth in an outroll design and no
sign of rubber or tacky coating. Your CS A 500 appear to be covered in walnut veneer
while the CS 500 G is covered in vinyl woodgrain material and mine was missing the
grill cover, so I can only guess as to its look.
The list price for the CS 500 G I found in a 1977 magazine and was $300 a pair.
Your speakers probably listed for $400 a pair (that is just a guess on my part).
I bought the CS 500 G at a thrift and asked the clerk if the other speaker was in
the store and he said they only had the one. The speaker has that good closed box
sound of the 1970's and is in remarkable condition with even the spec sheet, looking
like new, stapled to the back. Too bad I don't have the other speaker but I use the
500 G with Kenwood separates mini system and use it as a radio. I have a large
basement with different systems set up in all locations usually playing the same
FM station at low levels so it's a kick,as I work around, hearing the sound change
from system to system.
I like the way you have your speakers set on stands and I imagine they sound
very good in your room and maybe even better when you uncork a good vintage
from your wine rack. Hope this did some good for question.
regards, cincy

Yes it does and I never really knew that until you asked the question.
When I first got the speaker home I tried to pull out the pushed in tweeter
dust cover with a automotive type hand vacuum setup and I noticed that
the tweeter cone was moving outward so I stopped because it appeared
that the cone was pulling away from its surround. Now it appears that the
foam surround has a tear in it which I believe can be repaired.

Back
Top Bottom