Pioneer CT-F1000 Recap

sawdust

Solid walnut covers all my gear
I am getting ready to do a recap on my Pioneer CT-F1000 cassette tape deck and before I place my order I thought I ask is their anything I should add to my cap list to upgrade while I am in their . I can't find much info other than caps to do,The unit still plays and records I did all the belts and tires and a new FF and RR motor pulley and did a deox of all the controls, I sent Mark (MTF) my FF & RR idler clutch so now the fast forward and rewind works like new again Thanks Mark for Providing this service.

There is a write up by Rabbi Rich (pustelniakr) about a ct-f1000 he did. I havn't read it recently but I suspect it will be immensely informative.

edit: found it, over in DIY

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/re-capping-a-pioneer-ct-f1000.53175/

PLEASE temper your parts choices remembering that this was done in 2005, ELEVEN years ago, before for example, we knew of Nichicon UKL low leakage caps.

Last edited:
Finished my recap of my Pioneer CT-F1000 my baby I bought new in 1979 I also bought the optional wood case wood case was 25.00 at that time the wood case didn't survive over the years the case in the picture is one I made.

I sent Mark AK MTF the fast forward and rewind clutch for repair thank you for providing this service .

I just want to thank AK and all the Members with out this website it would not be possible for me to have done this.

I was surprised how clean the inside is in this thing it looks like new inside, I moved it in the wood shop in the early 90's I sure the wood case keep it clean in their.

I have been playing it for a few days and did some recording I'm happy how it turned out took some pictures to show it off.

Attachments

• IMG_3974.JPG
    IMG_3974.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4169.JPG
    IMG_4169.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4182.JPG
    IMG_4182.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4338.JPG
    IMG_4338.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4200.JPG
    IMG_4200.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 77
Finished my recap of my Pioneer CT-F1000 my baby I bought new in 1979 I also bought the optional wood case wood case was 25.00 at that time the wood case didn't survive over the years the case in the picture is one I made.

I sent Mark AK MTF the fast forward and rewind clutch for repair thank you for providing this service .

I just want to thank AK and all the Members with out this website it would not be possible for me to have done this.

I was surprised how clean the inside is in this thing it looks like new inside, I moved it in the wood shop in the early 90's I sure the wood case keep it clean in their.

I have been playing it for a few days and did some recording I'm happy how it turned out took some pictures to show it off.

Nice job on the rebuild. The wood cases that you built look very nice. Do you happen to have pictures of the building of the cases and/or plans for how to build them?

Nice job on the rebuild. The wood cases that you built look very nice. Do you happen to have pictures of the building of the cases and/or plans for how to build them?

I copied the case I made off the original pioneer case I bought new, it is a box style case that came with longer screws to secure the case through the bottom feet. I have also made a 3 side version to match with the 3 side Pioneer versions.
I did in detail how to make several different Pioneer cases I was going to post for the hobby guys and gals, I lost it all when my computer crashed I never got around to starting over their just Isn't enough interest.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.JPG
    IMG_4193.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2359.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 49
  • PICT0016 (2).JPG
    PICT0016 (2).JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 51
I copied the case I made off the original pioneer case I bought new, it is a box style case that came with longer screws to secure the case through the bottom feet. I have also made a 3 side version to match with the 3 side Pioneer versions.
I did in detail how to make several different Pioneer cases I was going to post for the hobby guys and gals, I lost it all when my computer crashed I never got around to starting over their just Isn't enough interest.
Thanks for the pictures. You do very nice work. I have a couple of Pioneer units that I may try to make cases for.

Finished my other Pioneer CT-F1000 this one had a problem with the record limiter it would only limit the input on the right channel found a bad transistor on the volume Assembly RWX-181 board Their are 6 transistor on the board 2 gain matched 2SC1312 and 4 2SC711 only one of the 2SC711 tested bad I replaced all 6 of them with KSC1845 I also gain matched all of them this is the hardest board to work on so I replaced the caps on the board since I had the front apart.

All the functions worked so I finished the recap .

Both decks been work like new again I can't tell the difference between the source and the tape, I hope I don't have any problems with all the original transistors I left in them, I been screwed on 2 other recap projects where I had to go back in and replace a failed transistor.

MY original deck is 120v the other is a multi voltage both decks had the same value caps on all the boards.

I just want to add that I'm not a technician I a retired old man with soldering skills if I can do it so can you.

Attachments

• IMG_4501.JPG
    IMG_4501.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4471.JPG
    IMG_4471.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom