Pioneer CT-F7171 Pinch rollers/ idler rollers

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Pioneered, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Pioneered

Pioneered Active Member

I own a Pioneer CT-F7171 for some time now, maybe 20+ years. It's been a very good cassette player and I've never had a problem with it till.............. it started having a hard time Playing, Rew, & FFing, so I figured a belt change was in need and ordered the belts from a fella on eBay. Started with the top half first and replaced the 4 belts there and then tested it, it did just fine. I then flipped it over to change the main drive belt and that is when everything stopped. I blew a 0.8amp fuse, must have grounded something somewhere. Anyway I replaced the fuse and got it running again. But, it has a hard time doing anything, like it's a strain for it and then just kicks off.
    The belt on the S16 auto stop switch seemed a bit too tight so I switched with the original and it seemed to work better but, still not correctly. Reckon the idler/ pinch rollers need replacing cause I cleaned them and it was only a little help.
    My question for you all is, is there a place I can get replacements for the rollers and or (being that I'm getting tired of banging my head against this thing), is there a good person to send it to, to do the job of getting it running properly again without doing a whole resto on it.
    Thank you all in advance for any help! :bowdown:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. glen65

glen65 Member

Try Terry Witt (terrysrubberrollers.com)

pustelniakr likes this.
  3. Pioneered

Pioneered Active Member

Thank you sir, I looked at this site also. Looks to do a great job but, I am really hoping for someone to take over the job
    of getting it working properly again. Besides I haven't a clue to the original sizes of the rollers but, I assume one
    who is more familiar with these decks will.

4. benjammin308

benjammin308 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've got all the idlers for a CT-F7272 (I think they are the same) you can have if you send me your address. I just did mine and bought the parts in bulk so I literally have a dozen extras. No pinch rollers though.

Pioneered likes this.
  5. Pioneered

Pioneered Active Member

Thank you so much sir, your very kind.....I owe you one.:bowdown:

6. Pioneered

Pioneered Active Member

Finally got it up and running like new again............well, almost new anyway.
    Ordered the capstan tires and better belts from WJOE radio and boy did it make a difference.
    Plays, RW's and FF's fine now except I probably need to adjust the FF switch a bit but, it can wait. yessir.gif

7. RobHolt

RobHolt AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have one of these. Nice decks and very well styled/proportioned.
    Have the maching SA-9100/TX9100 and they make a lovely trio.

They make really nice recordings on BASF Chrome without Dolby.

Pioneered likes this.
  8. Pioneered

Pioneered Active Member

Ooh! SA-9100 with the TX, nice indeed sir. I have the SX-828 tuner and the SR-202W paired with it.
    Don't know what I'd do without the Reverb unit, it just seems to make every recording sound much more live per say.
    And I've never liked the sound of Dolby, to me it makes it sound like it's been muffled or muted in a sense.
    Maybe just my ears but, I always liked crisp high tones along with a substantial bass and Dolby seems to take that away for me.