1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer CT-F7171 same as CT-F2121?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Pioneered, May 16, 2018.

1. Pioneered

Pioneered Well-Known Member

As many of you know I have a CT-F7171 that I just replaced the belts and idler tires in it and it plays and RR's just fine but, fails to FF. I was wondering if a CT-F2121 has the same carriage in it so I could maybe open one up and help diagnose and or replace with same any parts I may need to get the CT-F7171 FFing again.
    Thank you all for any insight.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. AudioWizard

AudioWizard AK Subscriber Subscriber

If my memory is correct, yes the same basic transport. It is definitely the same model years. The good news is more CT-F2121's where sold than the CT-F7171 because of the price point $200.

3. Pioneered

Thank you sir, I compared service manuals and found they show the same carriages and motors.
    Now to figure out why mine doesn't FF. Thank you again for confirming it for me sir. LiftHat.gif

4. Pioneered

Well, I just purchased a non-working CT-F2121 on a well known auction site for under $45 including shipping, so I reckon we'll see if it gets here in one piece.
    Any prayers will be greatly appreciated.

5. Pioneered

Oh Lord! There shipping it FedEx, I won't be able to sleep till it gets here.