Pioneer Ct-f900 Nos!!

Yep, saw that last night. A BIN for $399 is about what is sold for new about 25 years ago. He says it works like new, but for how long? If those are the original belts, even though it hasn't been used, those belts deteriorate, and to be honest, I'm surprised everything is working. For the opening bid of $199, it is prolly worth it though.

Retro

NOS

It has been my experience that often NOS gear is either a defective/Returned/refurbed etc model. I have seen 100s of some NOS gear all the same model, makes you think. . . I have a NOS Adcom GFA-565 that is perfect, I use it every day.

I bought a new pair of JBL L-150A speakers in 1980 about the time my company started moving me around. . . I left them with my daughter in their unopened boxes untill last year when we decided to take them out and check them out. . . Not only did the woofers need refoamed the surrounds were gone. . . I mean it looked like they were never there to begin with. I agree with Retro even in a closed box some things still deteriorate to the point of completly disappearing or turn to a sticky brown or black mess. . .

Still you cant argue about the piece being new and a couple belts would be a small price to pay. . .

Back
Top Bottom