Pioneer Dates of Manufacture

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Dr. Strangelove, Jan 10, 2006.

1. captainclock

captainclock Pacifist Otaku

I sure can, its a silverfaced unit, and I'm guessing its from the 1970s as the tuning dial backlight is blue and the tuner was mated with a Hitachi IA-600 Amplifier, Also the tuner in question does have an <E-P> mark on the tag which means my tuner came from a military store originally.

DSCN2981.JPG DSCN2980.JPG DSCN2979.JPG

2. Awesomeaudio

Awesomeaudio AK Subscriber Subscriber

I can see the 1st two placements as UL
    That's a December 1974 unit.

3. captainclock

captainclock Pacifist Otaku

Well When I took a second look at the serial number a little bit ago I saw a UI which would of put it at September of 1974, but either way its still from 1974 and I'm glad I was able to get that sorted out, but it was rather odd that the 2 letter manufacture date prefix didn't have a space in between it and the string of numbers that followed it like the serial number on my SX-1000 TD did, which the SX-1000 TD I have is dated to February of 1969 or PB.

4. Awesomeaudio

So it's an I rather than L.
    I thought I saw an L.
    Anyways. Close enough I reckon.. No pun intended :D
    Don't let the spacing put you off from model to model. If the serial is there that's all you need to worry about.
    :beerchug:

5. Aaron99

Aaron99 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks for responding. There is no plate in that location. However, there are two screws that could have held a plate at some point. There is no color variation that shows a plate was ever there.

6. Awesomeaudio

If there are screws still there, chances are the plate had been removed for whatever reason.