Pioneer DT-500 digital timer runs really fast

Stevescivic

Hello everyone,

I have a Pioneer DT-500 in my basement and noticed last night that she's running really fast. I cracked open the case and there isn't much inside at all. 5 capacitors, a relay and some wiring and the display board.

I've read many problems of the fast running clock linked to a 50/60Hz selector. I can absolutely positively tell you my unit (Canadian model) doesn't have such a switch on the back or the bottom. Looking at the tiny mainboard I also see no such switch for 50/60Hz.

Short of replacing the 5 caps is there anything else that I could possibly do to fix the super fast running clock? I set the time and then come back 1 hour later and it would be off. Up until last month was when the last time I check up on it the time was correct so this issue manifested itself recently.

Thanks,

Frequency standard is 60Hz (Canada/N. America). No voltage or frequency selectors to be found anywhere on the unit since it is a Canadian unit.

The push buttons look like they're sealed in a membrane like film of some sorts. I would be hesitant to spray deoxit on them. They've always worked perfectly and continue to do so when I use them to set the time.

As far as how "off" it is... we're talking it would jump literally 12 hours ahead in a span of 8 hours. Very fast indeed.

I will take a look at the resistor issue that pusteIniakr linked to.

Do the four resistors first. then:

ONLY If it continues
(ONLY!!!) with BIG jumps like that, I would put in a fresh D1 diode. A 1n4004 is a good choice.

Junk on the "count the power line pulses" line.

Thanks for that advice Mark. Yes, it definitely jumps HUGE so the internal resistors most definitely are likely bad in the chip.

Not sure if I should start a new thread about this issue, it might just be a simple fix I'm missing, like is it plugged in? Lol

Everything works great but now instead of showing hours and minutes, it shows the last digit of the minutes and the seconds.

I don't see an option to set it to run this way. Any thoughts?

Today is seemed to be jumping back and forth between the normal time and the last digit and seconds display. I'll try a little deposit over the weekend and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom