Pioneer DV=09...living with this beast...

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
and I do mean beast as the thing ways a tad over 40lbs. I think 25lbs of that can be attributed to the complete copper chassis. Taking the cover off this piece is like revealing a piece of modern art, By the way the picture quality and sound quality are unbeleivable. But with an MSRP of 2K USD it should be!! This is not a progressive scan player but when HDTV arrives at my house I'll just buy a line doubler.There more effetive than any built in doubler in a cheap progressive scan player anyway. In closing, if you run across one of these for <$500 then buy it. You won't be disappointed. Last word, the remote SUCKS and looks like the kind of cheesy thing you'd find on a $100 APEX player.

Mike

What a beauty !

They certainly don't make them like they used to....even when that "used to" was only a few years ago as in the case of this very nice DVD player.

There's nothing like a weighty player to lend confidence in a unit.

Unlike say the latest Toshiba I saw the other day, a 3kg weed of a player !

Is the DTS sticker something you added ?

A lot of HDTV capable displays now have built-in scan convertors that do any excellent job, more than the equal of most progressive scan DVD players.

Enjoy your new player !

cheerio

No Michael for your 2K USD they put that DTS sticker on there. I don't get it cause it looks cheesy and out of place. They should have made a nice emblem or something.

Mike

Agreed.

That tacky DTS badge looks more suited to an Apex than Pioneer Elite.

Hope it comes off easily

:)

It's the first time I've seen a pic of a DV-09 with that DTS badge, all the others I've seen have had a nicer THX badge in about the same place.

cheerio

Michael you can't make it out in the pic but the THX emblem is next to the DTS sticker. I would peel it off but I'm worried about altering its originality.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom