Pioneer DVD-S969AVI - anyone familiar ?

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
Hey all,

I have the opportunity to pick up a Pioneer DVD-S969AVI for about $10 at a local charity shop. It is missing the remote, but I'm not too bothered about that.

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience of these players - I've been looking for an SACD capable device for quite a while and it seems like this would fit the bill. I know for $10 its a bit of a no-brainer anyway but I thought I would ask about opinions of the quality of the unit.

Cheers

It appears to be similar to a Pioneer Elite Dv-59avi which is not bad. I think this may be a European version though so it may need a voltage transformer to work properly. Either way though it's well worth the money even it needs some work.

At the time of its launch. with small mods it became a very good player. But I can not say nowadays. Anyway for the price it's a real bargain, a good cd player with a sacd.

Good to know, these players have a very good sound and detailed. I'm lucky to find one at an attractive price.

At the time of its launch. with small mods it became a very good player. But I can not say nowadays. Anyway for the price it's a real bargain, a good cd player with a sacd.

What mods, pray tell?

-D

Back
Top Bottom