Pioneer Elite M-72, C-91, Sp 910, F-93 Value ?

smorao

I have (used but in original boxes) a M-72 2ch/4ch power amplifier, C-91 pre amplicateur stereo, Sp 910 dolby prologic sound field processor and F-93 AM/FM digital synthesizer tuner. I'm a student (elementary edudation) and haven't a clue what this might be worth or what I need to put with it to make a complete system. I think it was purchased sometime in the 90's but I'm not really sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To make this very impressive setup a complete system:

Leave the surround processor in the box, Dolby ProLogic is pretty much past tense.

Add a CD Player
Add a turntable if you want to play vinyl
Get a pair of good loudspeakers, and run the amp in 2-channel mode.

Rack to taste, candles or lava lamps optional. :)

Todd in Beerbratistan

Welcome to AudioKarma!
My best guess is you have about $1000 (today's market) worth of very nice equipment there. The rest I agree with B3Nut on.

Retro

You have the start of a very fine system. The C91 was the finest of the Elite preamps, very well respected. The F93 was the last of the Elite high-quality tuners and also much appreciated. The M72 was a mid-line amp that was decent, but lower line than the other two components, both top of the line in their day. The PD91 was an afterthought to add surround sound to the high-end stereo components the Elite line comprised. I agree with B3Nut, leave the SP91 in the box or sell it. Add a good turntable, a PD91 or PD65 CD Player, and enjoy some very fine sounds. As far as resale value, the C91 sells in the $400 range, the F93 in the $250~300 range, the M72 for $150, and the SP91D for $100~200, so the $1000 range is about right.

Back
Top Bottom