Pioneer ES-2000

The bible shows it available from 1973 to 1976, but no price. Specs are 18wpc. Came with a turntable and speakers, and finished in rosewood.

Also, I cannot find a photo of it in any of my brochures.

Probably belongs in the "Rare" thread.

Doc

I have a ES-2000 turntable. Did not know there was a receiver with the same model number. :scratch2:

It seems to have a lot of similar styling cues as the quad unit in my FD-4- the knobs look identical, and the tuning meters may be the same as well.

Attachments

• P1190025.jpg
    P1190025.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 136
Man that's a sharp looking receiver! Interesting that the es series aren't on the classicaudio site.

Hey guys. I just joined today & I see this thread is a little dated but, here goes nothing. I just picked up a Pioneer ES-2000 system from a local thrift store. Turntable, receiver & 2 speakers. All in excellent condition. I had originally intended to rob the turntable of it's hinges & headshell for my PL12DII but, when I got it home, I decided to give the system a chance. Hinges would work but, they are larger than the original on the other turntable. I actually robbed the PL12DII of it's belt. Not only is this entry level system not hard on the eyes, it actually sounded pretty decent. Considering that this unit was $400 in 74, that wasn't exactly pocket change back then. I will be posting some pics of the system soon, considering I can't find any. I've found some receiver & turntable but no speaker pics. Cheers!

Looks like a combination of several Pioneer generations, interesting. What does it look like inside?

i have one bought in japan in 1973 while living in Angola Africa, after 75 wasn´t possible to ship a car to Portugal ,because of the civil war ,so my father offered is bmw 2000 (not 2002) a sedan ,to his japanese friend. In return his friend gave him the pioneer´s system (es-2000) ,valued at the time around $500. being from japan the fm frequencie is diferent ,it ends in 88, in this side of the world starts at 88, other than only listening to one public station in fm it works fine with some maintenance(cleaning the knobs, and the turntable only changed the belt once and i´m now buying a new needle, the 3rd with reference pn-30 using the original cartridge),in terms of quality i worked as a dj for 25 years ,in 1993 one of mine technics sl-1200 mkII it burned ,i put my es-pl turntable in use till the technics was fixed, and didn´t notice any diference in sound quality.

dr.strangelove i only found a brochure with colour photos this year and got it on ebay from a seller in north ireland, it talks about surround it as matrix 2 and 4 ,it simulates quadrophony with another pair of speakers wich i did a long time ago with some celestion ditton series wich seemed to give a boost to the sound level it as a incredible treble sound and level as the bass and a incredible strong loudness wich i use on all the time, still using it with the original cartridge and stylus ,it does have a clean and perfect sound ,even for a few monthes tried it on a late 70´s pl-560 wich makes part of a system i bought later from pioneer being this good i purchase in late 70´s another pioneer system, the pl-560 ,the stereo receiver sx-1980 ,and a hpm speakers wich i have to confirm because i thought they were hpm-1500, but in the internet i´ve found similar just having as reference hpm-150, i have bought through the years other components from diferent brands but it seems as newer they get the worst built they are(this to do not talk about the dynamic of the sound, i´ve bought in the 90´s a two blocks mono amplifier and a pioneer pre-amplifier ,the selector since then it gave problems two times and with a rec selector even worse ,i was recording a cassette and sometimes one side just stoped making sound and i was looking in the deck if it was just the rca cable who wasn´t making always contact, than already thinking about opening the deck when i move the rec selector to record from a diferent source and it started again giving sound so the rec selector was also not working properly , this to say that the es-2000 system stereo reciver as one selector that never make any noise or just be coming sound from one channel ,the treble and bass knob i already cleaned it twice since it was bought in 73 but are working perfect since i cleaned it in 2007, it´s a good system and not a entrance system ,i´ve seen others like with the minimum function ,even with only tone and not treble or bass ,it´s in a early´s 70´s catalog ,i´ve met a girl from a litle village in the midle of nothing who in her bedroom she had since she was 14 this system more simpler but the quality of the integrated turntable was good , i still use a pc-30 cartridge with a pn-30 stylus and sounds perfect, some even sale the pn30/50 wich the plastic of the needle is a few milimeters longer but i´ve found in a litle village a guy who had a electronics litle store and i went to see the store closed 20 years ago and found 2 original pioneer pn-30 and also a ct-520 deck with a lot of plastic wich i bought amongst other curiosity´s he had closed in the store and it records with a very good sound compared to other 90´s decks from more popular brands

Hi. I am new here and also a newbie when it comes to turntable. Earlier this month, I bought myself a used turntable, my very first turntable actually, to experience of having one and to begin my growing interest in vinyl records. It is an old Pioneer turntable model ES-PL, the one indicated on the unit. I can't find any manuals or brochure for this model. After searching and searching on Google, I came across this Pioneer ES-2000 which is exactly the turntable I have, minus the receiver and speakers. So, I guessed my unit came from this component system. I bought it cheap most likely because it has an issue - speed. It spins faster. I read in some forums, including here at AK, that line frequency has something to do with the motor speed and there are two types of motor pulley, each designed for certain line frequency where it is to be used. Here in the Philippines, we have a line frequency of 60Hz and sadly, the turntable I got is intended for 50Hz, at least that's what the motor's pulley tells me, missing the groove on it. It is really hard to get replacement part for this nowadays as I can't find this 60Hz pulley in any of the online stores that I could think of. I am thinking of modifying the pulley by myself, make it thinner. Will give update... :)

Back
Top Bottom