Pioneer ES-2000

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Unican_Eric, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Unican_Eric

Unican_Eric Pioneerious Collecticus

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Super Member

The bible shows it available from 1973 to 1976, but no price. Specs are 18wpc. Came with a turntable and speakers, and finished in rosewood.

Also, I cannot find a photo of it in any of my brochures.

Probably belongs in the "Rare" thread.

Doc

3. kwmrlg

kwmrlg happy to be here

I have a ES-2000 turntable. Did not know there was a receiver with the same model number. :scratch2:

4. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Super Member

Seems like it was a "stereo system", with the main unit, turntable, and ES-2000-CS speaker pair.

Doc

5. tentoze

tentoze Twangophile

It seems to have a lot of similar styling cues as the quad unit in my FD-4- the knobs look identical, and the tuning meters may be the same as well.

Attached Files:

6. rmunson

rmunson console destructor

Man that's a sharp looking receiver! Interesting that the es series aren't on the classicaudio site.

7. PlayitAgain

PlayitAgain Audio Rescuer

Hey guys. I just joined today & I see this thread is a little dated but, here goes nothing. I just picked up a Pioneer ES-2000 system from a local thrift store. Turntable, receiver & 2 speakers. All in excellent condition. I had originally intended to rob the turntable of it's hinges & headshell for my PL12DII but, when I got it home, I decided to give the system a chance. Hinges would work but, they are larger than the original on the other turntable. I actually robbed the PL12DII of it's belt. Not only is this entry level system not hard on the eyes, it actually sounded pretty decent. Considering that this unit was $400 in 74, that wasn't exactly pocket change back then. I will be posting some pics of the system soon, considering I can't find any. I've found some receiver & turntable but no speaker pics. Cheers!

8. PlayitAgain

PlayitAgain Audio Rescuer

Pioneer Es-2000 pics

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

9. Noodle

Noodle LISTEN! I smell Hi-Fi. Subscriber

That is a beautiful system.:yes:

10. Brian

Brian An Old Geezer

Looks like a combination of several Pioneer generations, interesting. What does it look like inside?

11. slow_jazz

slow_jazz Lunatic Member

Looks very good. Never heard of one before.

12. Rui Cameira

Rui Cameira New Member

i have one bought in japan in 1973 while living in Angola Africa, after 75 wasn´t possible to ship a car to Portugal ,because of the civil war ,so my father offered is bmw 2000 (not 2002) a sedan ,to his japanese friend. In return his friend gave him the pioneer´s system (es-2000) ,valued at the time around $500. being from japan the fm frequencie is diferent ,it ends in 88, in this side of the world starts at 88, other than only listening to one public station in fm it works fine with some maintenance(cleaning the knobs, and the turntable only changed the belt once and i´m now buying a new needle, the 3rd with reference pn-30 using the original cartridge),in terms of quality i worked as a dj for 25 years ,in 1993 one of mine technics sl-1200 mkII it burned ,i put my es-pl turntable in use till the technics was fixed, and didn´t notice any diference in sound quality.

Tiver likes this.