Pioneer F-90 Tuna Question

vintagestereo

Addicted Member
Hi. I just got a Pioneer F-90 Tuna, however, a couple of the pre-set buttons just barely work. I was reading somewhere that this is a common problem because the cushioning material disintegrates with age. However, there is apparantely as way of putting some weatherstriping material in there to restore the "feel". Anyone know about this and how to do it?

BTW -- It's an extremely good sounding tuna!!

I had the same problem with mine a couple of years ago. Pretty easy job: you have to remove the case and then the face plate to access the switches; use a hole punch to cut the right size cushion from the weather stripping material, the residue from the old foam can be cleaned with naptha (lighter fluid) or isopropyl alcohol.

Leestereo said:
I had the same problem with mine a couple of years ago. Pretty easy job: you have to remove the case and then the face plate to access the switches; use a hole punch to cut the right size cushion from the weather stripping material, the residue from the old foam can be cleaned with naptha (lighter fluid) or isopropyl alcohol.

You make it sound so easy!!! THANK YOU!!!! :banana:

Back
Top Bottom